Technical Program Manager - iPhone
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, you will help us leave the world better than we found it. As an TechOps TPM, you will be leading and responsible for development, qualification, optimization, and production ramp of new process technology and equipment for manufacturing of Apple new products. This is a hands-on position requiring both outstanding technical skills and strong leadership capabilities.
- At least 5+ years of experience in mechanical design and manufacturing - preferably in a hands-on role
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience managing engineering teams with a strong preference given to candidates who have led managers.
- Demonstrated technical skills including experience and thorough understanding of PCBA, Assembly, Test, and Pack-out processes.
- Experience leading advanced technology development activities resulting in successful implementation of novel manufacturing techniques.
- Ability to plan, execute, and present results from investigations using statistical analysis as well as sound technical judgment.
- Experience bringing new products and new technologies into high volume manufacturing preferred.
- Solid understanding of mechanical assembly, automation and design.
- Excellent project management skills Program / Project Management experience preferred.
- Expertise using advanced analytical tools to characterize and resolve complex process issues
- Solid understanding of DOE principles, FMEA, SPC and failure analysis is a must.
- Excellent written & verbal English and Chinese communication skills are required.
Provide total ownership of the factory output, yield, quality and readiness to ramp volume. Provide day-to-day direction for highly technical team including feedback about technical objectives, program requirements, and team member performance. Participate in the development and engineering of process technology and equipment to enable new features for modules of Apple products. Present analysis to key decision makers that will be used to make commercial and design commitments. Organize cross-functional teams to ensure that resources are aligned to successfully implement high volume processes against demanding schedules. We collaborate with leading contract manufacturing partners to create step improvements in manufacturing capabilities. When necessary, coordinate investigations leading to robust solutions to complex manufacturing challenges. Highly skill in clean room environment set up. Knowledgable in particle count inspection and control management is a must. Strong technical background and work experience on lamination process environment is a must. You will bring your knack and thirst to drive all technical operational issues related to SMT and system integration processes to ensure effective closure of all issues to enable operational success of the entire new product introduction cycle and into the mass production phase. Production process development, documentation, optimization and validation. Development and implementation of new technologies to enhance production quality, capacity and efficiency. Sets standard practices and independently determines impact to design approaches and parameters to the final product. Provides direction, guidance and resources to other engineering groups and project leaders as well as factory technicians. Act as lead engineer on a variety of projects and participates in the project planning of major sub-projects. Performs assignments in several of the following manufacturing engineering functions. Design for Manufacturability - Provide early and ongoing manufacturing involvement to ensure manufacturability of new products. Product Engineering - Works all phases of a product from concept to repeat manufacturing to end of life. Provides production support engineering with respect to technically complex testing methods, procedures and failure analysis. Process Engineering - Designs and develops technically complex processes to improve quality and efficiency. Failure/Data Analysis - Plans, develops and implements technically complex procedures for the testing and evaluation of soon to be released products. Specifies test to be performed, compiles data and makes recommendations for product design changes and final assembly standards. This will include the use of Design of Experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis using Six Sigma principles. Self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details Periodic domestic and overseas travel expected (up to 30%).
Education & Experience
BSME or equivalent (MSME, MSIE desired),