Display Quality Engineer
Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. In this highly visible and highly hands-on role, you will enjoy the key decision making combined with the on-site hands-on problem solving that comes with owning the quality for some of the highest quality and highest visibility products in the world today. You will be responsible for developing and implementing quality tools and systems for cutting edge product designs (iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, XDR Display) in a demanding environment. Responsible for developing, applying, revising, and maintaining quality standards for materials, processes and products, solving complex quality engineering problems in creative and effective ways.
- Keen interest in engineering ‘quality’ for new products and processes
- Strong data analysis ability, able to utilize data analysis tools
- Project management skills
- Thrive under pressure
- Review Engineering Specifications and be able to provide feedback on manufacturability/feasibility to Product Design and Engineering teams - Work with Project Teams to define cosmetic and reliability requirements for products. - Drive Spec Relief discussions (Cosmetic, Mechanical, Reliability, Functional) with cross functional team - Evaluate material suppliers quality inspection procedure and develop appropriate inspection methods (Metrology Design). - Design inspection procedures and drive qualifications. - Develop and implement reliability test methods - Design gauges and measurement fixtures, and drive their qualifications. - Conduct Measurement System Analysis to manage the measurement errors. - Drive data collection, verify the data integrity and work with project team (SQE and PD) to ensure process capability, within Standards. - Drive Failure Analysis of Quality issues related to the manufacturing of Glass products and appropriate Corrective and Preventive Actions during all Engineering Builds and Sustaining phases. - Implement Q-Plan/OQC, Contract Manufacturer’s IQC and review SIP to ensure proper inspection plan in place. - Drive Qualification of mass production (scalability) of relevant commodity. - Drive suppliers to meet ramp targets through yield improvement - Establish proper Yield/Capability reporting methods between Suppliers, Contract Manufacturers and . - Establish yield target with suppliers for sustaining projects, and identify improvement opportunities. - Collaborates with other Apple cross functional groups (GSM, Product Design, Project Teams) in order to ensure Supply of Products.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor or above, majored in Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science - 7+ years of experience in a quality role supporting high volume manufacturing of commodities - Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills. - Clear communication and logical thinking