Automation QA Engineer Lead
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Are you passionate about music and audio? If yes, we may have the job for you! We are the Beats Engineering team and we are looking for a highly motivated engineer, passionate about product development and automation, with excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills. Come join the Beats Automation team of highly-focused engineers that provide solutions to "automate all the things,” that involve Beats audio products and more.
- 5+ years SQA experience and 2+ years experience as a SQA lead.
- Excellent Python 2 or 3 programming skills.
- Experience working with multi-functional teams to build up test environment and identify tests.
- Develop system/component level software QA automation requirements for Beats products based on user conditions/environments and customer behaviors.
- On-site auditing of existing CM SQA automation labs, including test facilities, test procedures, process flow, and operator ability. Check test equipment and fixtures to ensure all the tests are performed to specification, review test reports and rapidly alert the risk to software engineering team.
- Bring-up of new CM SQA automation labs including equipment and fixture specification, quotations and POs management, lab personnel interviewing and hiring, equipment calibration, operator training, and overall schedule management.
- Coordinate REL activities with 3rd party labs, allocate resources to meet the demand of product development.
- Hands-on experience in managing and performing software system level automation tests including functional, stress and stability and product performance testing.
- Strong verbal and writing English communication required, with native fluency in Mandarin - Chinese.
You are responsible for leading, planning, building, and executing system level automation testing efforts at our manufacturing facilities and Apple office(s). In this role, you will build, document and train factory resources on testing Beats audio hardware and software. Additionally, you are responsible for analyzing and reporting test results, and working with engineering teams, program managers, and other QA teams to identify risk areas and characterize defects that are caught in automation tests (functional, stress and stability, performance). Lastly, you are hands on, managing defect tracking, publishing automated test plans, reporting, and managing test automation execution by the test team. We may expect you to have excellent interpersonal skills in both English and Mandarin. You may have a strong background in Quality Assurance. This is a high-visibility role within the organization that requires excellent trouble-shooting skills along with an ability to analyze and act upon the results of work that is executed remotely.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS/CE or equivalent experience