APAC Retail Legal Counsel
上海, 上海, 中国内地
We are looking for an experienced attorney to support our Online and Retail brick-and-mortar presence across the Asia Pacific region, stretching across a diverse region from Japan and Korea through Greater China and Southeast Asia to Australia. As part of the team, you will serve as the primary regional legal partner to our WW Retail Legal team, and well as our Online/RCC/Retail Stores management and field teams in the region. You will partner closely with your colleagues in Cupertino and around the world to craft commercial legal strategies that support our direct sales efforts and corporate initiatives.
- Minimum 4+ years of relevant law firm and/or in-house experience advising on commercial, marketing, and consumer protection issues.
- Strong commercial experience, whether that be in transactional, regulatory, compliance, litigation or contract experience
- Product or program counseling experience, advising both strategically and on legal aspects of development.
- Strong written and verbal communication and analytical skills
- Foster and facilitate teamwork by cultivating relationships, counseling, collaborating, and effectively communicating with teammates and cross-functional partners around the globe
- Assess and articulate complex and nuanced legal risks in a simple and straightforward manner.
- Commitment to finding practical solutions and approaches to legal risk and problem solving.
- Navigate and resolve diverse and complex issues in imaginative and effective ways while displaying sharp business insight
- Exhibit sound judgment in keeping relevant team members informed of regional developments, and ability to communicate complex information/updates in clear and concise ways
- Comfortable responding to crises - ideally, you have effectively counseled business teams on complex legal and regulatory matters with prior experience engaging with regulators, and have strong experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements
- Emotional intelligence, a strong work ethic, a good sense of humor, and a genuinely collaborative spirit.
In this role, you will provide legal expertise and support to the face of Apple – its direct sales business throughout Apple’s APAC region, reporting directly to the WW Retail Legal Director in Cupertino. You will also collaborate closely with other legal groups across APAC, including privacy and country counsels. Your responsibilities will include providing broad legal support to the WW Retail Legal team and direct legal support to the Retail business (e.g., its operations, online, marketing, technology, field, loss prevention, and customer service teams) to offer practical legal and business advice throughout the various stages of program/technology development and consumer experience. Successful candidates will embrace the challenge of resolving complex issues and conflicting interests in creative and efficient ways, demonstrating an outstanding ability to navigate cross-functional collaboration with both legal and business colleagues alike. You will also monitor regulatory developments in the region and partner with others in the legal organization, government affairs and the business to respond to any regulatory issues. The location of the role is flexible but it would ideally be based in Shanghai or Singapore. Travel is expected.
Requires a law degree, excellent academic credentials
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.