DFM Engineer (SMT Process)
Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Apple supplier quality team is looking for self driven, passionate DFM engineers. You are responsible for manufacturing research and development to resolve complex problems in creative and effective ways.
- Minimum 3 years of SMT experience
- Have other technical knowledge e.g. Hot Bar, ACF, COG, reliability, electrical & mechanical design will be an added advantage
- Willing to travel to support validation builds worldwide (China, Taiwan, Korea, Thailand etc)
- Able to relocate and support sustaining projects
- Have good communication skill
- Have strong leadership skill
- Good team-player and able to work with multiple functional groups
- Attend development builds as required under direction of Operations Engineering Directly Responsible Individual (DRI). - May provide guidance and resources to contract manufacturing partner engineers. - Act as project leader on a variety of complex projects. - Plan, develop and implement technically complex procedures for PCBA manufacturing process, rework, and testing. - Make recommendations for changes required in testing equipment (ICT and Functional test), manufacturing processes, and new testing requirements. - Design and develops technically complex new processes to improve quality and efficiency. - Provide early manufacturing involvement to ensure new products are manufacturable. Activities include driving out costs in design/PCBA manufacturing tooling, influencing designs so that they are manufacturable, reducing complexity by using standard size packaging. - Collaborate with Apple Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) Subcontractor and handle technical aspects of Volume Manufacturing builds including rework processes, with direction as necessary from Operations Engineering DRI. - Ensure Apple PCBA Subcontractors/JDM partner consistency to Process Parameters and Procedures as well as approved Manufacturing and Test processes. Ensure maintenance of specified quality levels at PCBA Manufacturer.
Education & Experience
Engineering education level and related experience.