Security Operations Manager
Beijing, Beijing, China
Do you instinctively know how and when to take action? Do you love performing under intense pressure? As part of our Global Security group, you’ll help manage the security needs of Apple’s most valuable assets: our people and innovations. Along with your team, you’ll be part of an important group that protects Apple employees and their work around the world. Your effort will help create solutions to a variety of unique security challenges, ranging from the physical security of Apple facilities to the protection of our technology. Join us, and you’ll play a meaningful role in ensuring the highest standard of security for one of the most-watched companies in the world. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You’ll also build a terrific network of colleagues along the way. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you will accomplish. Adventurous, dedicated and diligent people are welcomed to our team. The Security Operations Manager (Manager) is a high-profile position in the day-to-day operations at Apple. The Manager is the primary Global Security Group (GS) point of contact for Apple’s business units, facilities, contract guard service and other vendors in Beijing.
- You will need to demonstrate strong interpersonal, security, and organizational skills; and be a hardworking leader who drives security services among diverse groups. Customer service is a key element to this position. The Manager will be based in Beijing and may travel 20-30% of the time to cover Apple’s facilities within the city, and may cover remote offices in other Chinese cities as well. You will be responsible for the daily security operations, and contract guarding service at the Beijing sites. You will also work with Apple’s business units, and facilities group to plan and execute security for facility projects and special events.
- - 10 years of relevant experience or a Bachelor's degree with 5-years of relevant experience.
- - Ability to speak English and Mandarin preferred.
- - Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- - Demonstrated ability to establish relationships among several groups and deliver the highest level of happiness to GS’s internal customers.
- - Be available to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Work under the direction of, and closely with, the GS team based in APAC and Cupertino, California to expand our internal security services. - Lead daily security operations including contract security guarding deployment. - Develop, implement and maintain site-specific security procedures. Analyzes calls for service and incident data to better lead the security operations. - Prepare and maintain security records for the site and complete routine statistical reports. Prepare operations orders as they relate to special events at the site. - Partner with GS Investigations, assist in, and in some cases lead, investigations. - Work with local public safety (law enforcement, fire, other government agencies). - Work closely with site management on day-to-day safety and security issues. Coordinate with Human Resources, Employee Relations, and Legal on security-related issues. - Establish relationships with business unit representatives, facilities personnel, and outside vendors to understand the environment and special security needs for each business group. - Review and approve all security requests for short term and non-recurring assignments. - Lead all aspects of vendors to ensure accurate scheduling and quality work performance. - Assess and adjust vendor services through on-site review, and feedback from facilities and the business units to deliver extraordinary service on each project. - Respond to and provide the accurate response to emergency situations. - Assess and recommend security improvements to each assigned business unit. - Craft summaries, narratives and statistical reports. - Assist on other GS projects as requested.
Education & Experience