Advanced Display Manufacturing Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
As an Advanced Display Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible for development, qualification, optimization, and production ramp of new process technology and equipment for manufacturing of displays for new Apple products including iPhone and Watch.
- The ideal candidate will need to have 5+ years of hands-on experience in the design and development of manufacturing processes and/or equipment in the flat panel display, solar cell, LED, semiconductor, or other similar industry.
- Experience in one or more of the following process technologies is preferred: Bonding, lamination, PVD, CVD, inkjet printing, screen printing, etching,cleaning, thermal processing, laser processing.
- Experience in developing and manufacturing high volume display products is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform DOE, SPC, data analysis, and failure analysis is a must.
- Excellent written & verbal English communication skills are required. Fluency in multiple languages is preferred, including Chinese, Korean, and/or Japanese.
As an Advanced Display Manufacturing Engineer, you will participate in the development and engineering of process technology and equipment to enable new features for display modules of Apple products. In the early program phases, you will partner with development engineering teams to evaluate various process technologies, equipment designs, and suppliers, and identify/select the best method for mass production. In the middle program phases, you will drive equipment/material suppliers to develop reliable, high-throughput, mass production-capable equipment that delivers tightly controlled process performance that meets pre-defined specifications. In the later program phases, you will lead the roll-out of equipment, material, and process across the Apple display supply chain, optimize the process and equipment for device performance, yield, quality, reliability, and throughput, and ramp the new equipment/process into full mass production.
Education & Experience
BS, MS or Ph. D. Degree in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering, Chemistry/Chemical Engineering, Materials science, Physics, or equivalent with 5+ years experience in Process or Manufacturing.