Mechanical Quality Engineer
Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- - Prefer deep experience in measurement techniques and high skill level to handle actual measurement tools equipment – OMM, CMM, jig design.
- - Rich knowledge of GD&T, metrology design, 6 sigma, failure analysis.
- - Understanding on tolerance stack up analysis.
- - Good command of excel, Ppt, Minitab or JMP.
- - Preferred work experiences in LCD back light area.
- - Proficient in written and spoken Mandarin and English.
- - Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a worldwide environment.
- - Excellent reporting skills/data analysis.
- - New product introduction and Manufacturing Operations experience desired.
- - Good initiative and problem solving skills.
- Responsible for developing, applying, revising, and maintaining quality standards for processing materials, solving complex quality engineering problems in creative and effective ways. - Provides technical direction and guidance to other Quality Engineers. - Has a strong working knowledge of quality and reliability concepts, supplier management, with respect to quality and reliability, and general manufacturing operations business management relative to all functional groups. Capable of managing any project for any commodity. - Collaborates with other Apple functional groups as resources to optimize suppliers quality programs. - Participates in the development and implementation of Product Quality Plan (PQP) for specific commodities with SQE's at other sites. - Develops specific quality programs for each product during development and qualification stages. - Develops product specific quality plan, including participation in DVT planning, development of PVT plan and review of those plans with the selected supplier. - Evaluates and assists in the selection of suppliers for new products and for second sources of existing products - Assesses supplier's production and quality programs and participates in approval or disapproval of new suppliers. - Evaluates the supplier processes and process controls to ensure product quality and reliability is built in. Develops supplier capability (including necessary training), establishes proper reporting of in-process and final inspection and test results to Apple. - Responsible for FAI process and monitors performance of PVT, identifying and assuring necessary corrective actions are taken. Authorizes and monitors the start-up of production at the supplier site. - Establishes discovery audit procedures and ensures performance to standards by Apple test personnel. Responsible for Cpk process. - Monitors each supplier's performance through measurements of production line statistics, company inspections and audits. Prepares summary of performance and communicates to appropriate management so that effective corrective action plans can be set in place if necessary. - Reviews product design to ensure quality and reliability objectives are met. - Supports Supplier Quality Engineering in improving and reporting vendor processes. - Works as a part of a New Products introduction team draw up and/or coordinate and implement the PQP for the site. In conjunction with the design engineers and the site engineers, determine the process goals for products. - Participates in cost reduction and yield improvement efforts. - Advises product designers and test designers to ensure ease of assembly and test on new and existing products. - Responsible for specific tasks as part of a team involved in the introduction of new products or processes. - Provides full support to an assigned area of production/service. - May direct the activities of other engineers and technicians on specific tasks. - Acts as a consultant to other engineering groups on design of experiments and the analysis of test data to determine outcome.
Education & Experience
- BS in engineering (mechanical preferred) plus 4-6 years or MS plus 2-4 years experience. - Prefer Majored mechanical/Engineering science degree.