Manufacturing Quality Engineer - Color
Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We provide equal opportunities. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. We don’t just create products - We create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. In this highly visible role, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on Apple Products, and leave a footprint for years to come. We have an opportunity for an accomplished quality engineer to lead development, and ramp for a next generation Apple product from both dimensional and cosmetic perspective. Our quality engineering team enables the mass creation of impossible products as a partner in the development of Apple's renowned designs.
- Knowledge of quality management system structure, quality procedures, and the application of typical quality tools in quality management practice (e.g. MSA, FA/CA, SPC, Yield Analysis, and etc.)
- Ability to plan, execute, and present result from investigation using statistical analysis and clearly communicated results and recommendations
- Proven understanding of problem solving tools including root cause analysis, design of experiment (DOE) and statistical process control principle
- Knowledge of surface appearance measuring metrologies (color, gloss, texture etc.)
- Knowledge of typical surface finish processes or technologies (i.e blasting, anodising, PVD, painting, coating etc.).
- Solid understanding of mechanical projects of materials as they relate to manufacturing requirements and process drivers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Chinese
- Be capable of managing ambiguity and work autonomously
Achieve Industrial design intent across organisations and projects with high standards of product quality Tactically execute color matching needs required for mass production. Evaluate supplier readiness and alignment to quality plans at all development and qualification stages. Identify potential risks of color development and come out with solutions. Actively participate in the development of new finishes and ensure adherence to specific goals, and strategies supporting business objectives while maintaining the highest quality. Support finishes data analysis initiative to drive enclosure part finish quality improvements with ODM and sub-tier. Qualify and implement groundbreaking quality inspection tools; including visual and instrumental tools/processes. Monitor each supplier's performance through measurement of production line statistics, company inspections, and audits. Prepare summary of performance and communicate to appropriate broader team and management. Interact with Industrial Design, Supply Chain Management, Subject Matter Expert, Supplier Based Engineer, Mechanical Quality Engineer, Suppliers & ODM to ramp up projects timely and smoothly. 70% domestic/international travel is required.
Education & Experience
BSME, or similar. MSME or MBA is a +.