Touch Hardware Engineering Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Provide in-region support for the design, development, and launch next-generation Touch Technologies in Apple products. The Touch Technology team develops cutting-edge Touch solutions and technologies that are central to Apple’s products, including the MacBook, MBP, MBA, HomePod, AppleTV and more. The key goal of the Touch Technology team is to enable the world’s best multi-touch user-experience. New challenges arise every day that require the sharp problem-solving skills of hardworking individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. Specific responsibilities of Apple’s in-region teams are to ensure Apple quality is maintained with our manufacturing partners. The in-region team works directly with the touch design team as well as the manufacturing partners to ensure that design requirements are met and continuous improvement is achieved. This position involves managing the in-region team and interfacing directly with Apple design teams in the United States.
- Strong electrical engineering background in analog and mixed-signal design, especially board-level circuits.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing quality indicators and statistical process controls
- Hands-on experience in system-level design and manufacturing (including mechanical systems)
- Proficiency in COMSOL, MATLAB, SPICE, or similar simulation and modeling tools.
- Scripting (e.g. Python and LabView) to enable efficient data collection and analysis
- Experience managing a hardware engineering team a plus
- Experience with capacitive touch technology a plus
Day to day management of In-region touch engineering team Communicate with and support technical teams in Cupertino Touch panel sensor design and integration from proof of concept to mass production. Schematic design of boards and flexible assemblies. Touch module and system-level bring-up and integration. Touch subsystem testing, prototyping and modeling. Failure mode analysis, root cause diagnosis, and system-level problem solving. Design analysis, characterization, and validation including maintenance and development of lab facilities Support factory prototype builds as well as address issues during mass production Business travel across China to various Apple sites and to assist multiple contract manufacturers === MULTI-FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: === - Manage cross-function technical development of Touch solutions. - Engage and collaborate with multi-functional teams, including Mechanical Engineering, Firmware - Engineering, Process Engineering, and Test Engineering to deliver state-of-the-art Touch solutions. - Author executive communications pertaining to key development checkpoints. - Contribute technical assessments to strategic decision-making relating to technology and investments.
Education & Experience
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering