Supplier Quality Engineer Intern
上海, 上海, 中国内地
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple Connector module quality team is looking for a motivated, technical oriented supplier quality engineer to manage connector quality at suppliers. He / She will be responsible for developing and implementing quality processes and tools for all aspects of module quality during development and mass production, working with Apple cross functional teams and suppliers to ensure high quality product.
- - Familiar with quality tools, including Cpk, DOE, FMEA, sampling plan, data distribution, Gauge R&R, data correlation, is plus
- - Demonstrated ability to work directly with suppliers to solve product problems.
- - Understanding mechanical drawing specification and appropriate measurement techniques is plus
- - Familiar with supplier auditing and development is plus
- - Basic understanding of EE module functional testing is plus
- - Fluent in written and oral English communication.
Main Roles and Responsibilities: (Intern will cover some areas of below due to time limitation) - Work with teams and lead suppliers for inspection system DFM and qualification, and OK2send processes at new product development phases. - Provide direction to suppliers, developing quality programs to ensure highest level of quality and reliability is consistently delivered. - Define quality specification (SOP, cosmetic spec, etc) as necessary - Set up incoming material inspection, testing and sampling plan to ensure robust incoming quality control at suppliers. - Work with team and suppliers to set up CTQ (Critical to Quality) process control in manufacturing line, take actions to drive continuous process improvement. - Establish OQC inspection and testing process through guard band and tester correlation to ensure out-going parts quality. - Work with PD/REL team to set up reliability plan and drive root cause and corrective actions to reliability failures. - Manage ORT and ensure vendor execution and take prompt actions to ORT failure and lead risk assessment. - Interface with suppliers in resolving complex manufacturing process, quality and reliability issues, utilizing DOE and statistical approach. - Provide technical and system support related to both quality systems and technical product related issues. - Develop robust processes for FA (Failure Analysis) on customer returns in order to synthesize voice of customer into process changes and product development cycles to impact current and future products. - Publish reports on supplier performance based on production line statistics, system level data and address these issues. - Regular process audits to ensure vendor comply with POR process parameters and achieve expected results.
- BS in Mechanical, Material, Electronic, Electro-Mechanical Engineering or related major is preferred - Engineering / Science master degree or MBA is plus.