RFOTA Systems Engineer
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
t Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the outstanding and great opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and encourage millions of Apple’s customers every day. Apple OTA System Engineering team is looking for a wireless system engineer to work on radiated system characterization across different cellular technologies for Apple’s wireless products
- You have working experience with antenna design/tests, antenna and wave propagation, anechoic chambers and radiation performance evaluation like TRP & TIS.
- We expect you have the experience with different lab equipment/chambers: Anechoic chamber, network analyzers, signal generators, signal analyzers, call boxes (i.e. CMW).
- Experience with different wireless communication systems such as GSM/GPRS/EDGE/LTE, etc. including the corresponding system level specifications (e.g. ETSI 51.010, 51.05…) is important.
- Experience with carrier/industry conformance radiated performance requirements like 3GPP, PTCRB, CTIA, ETSI, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, both written & verbal.
- Programming skills in C, C++ would be a plus.
You will build and execute detailed test plans for antenna performance evaluation, provide feedback to the design engineers for performance optimization, build test reports, and lead the radiated tests for type approval and certification. Also, you will build test plans to qualify and quantify different modulation schemes as required depending on the wireless communication system being crafted. You will be studying new system level features and working closely with HW and antenna engineers to come up with comprehensive test strategies to evaluate them. You will also be making recommendations to multi-functional teams on resolving wireless system issues including but not limiting to baseband algorithms and RF/Antenna systems
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree with 4+ years experience required Masters Degree with 2+ years experience preferred.