Technical Operations Manager, App Store Greater China
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Apple's App Store is the world's largest and most innovative software store, serving tens of millions of iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad customers. The App Store team is seeking a dynamic and seasoned individual to serve as an operations specialist for the App Store and the Mac App Store. The App Store is looking for a highly-motivated and organized individual to join the App Store team. This role champions strategic projects and initiatives to enhance the tools China-based developers use to manage their App Store business. This role collaborates extensively with cross-functional teams like Engineering, Marketing, Project Management, Business Management and Worldwide Developer Relations. Areas of focus include app delivery, app beta testing, metadata management, and reporting.
- Excellent technical skills. Previous iOS or Mac development experience a plus.
- Polished written and verbal communication skills in both Chinese (Simplified, Mandarin) and English.
- Strong facilitation skills. Experienced with cross-functional projects and communication. Assertive.
- Self-starting, self-directed and self-sufficient.
- Detail-oriented, organized, meticulous approach to work.
- Ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Willingness to learn and adapt quickly.
- Strong listening skills
- Analytic insights and ability to measure effectiveness.
- Effective at issue detection and creative in identifying solutions.
- Product or project management experience a plus.
- Able to multi-task and juggle competing priorities effectively.
Engineering Collaboration Attend Engineering design reviews and project meetings for new features regardless of time zone differences. Review product specifications, designs, meeting notes, Radars, open items and presentations. Be an assertive and vocal advocate for the China developer experience, ensuring the tools we build work for China-based developers. Lead China UATs for developer tools. Evaluate success of App Store Connect code releases in China via support metrics and social listening. Present findings to Apps management and Engineering. Identify, document and manage process for minor enhancements and bug fixes to developer tools specific to China. Maintain list of needed features for Chinese developers and work cross-functionally to prioritize them. Launch Readiness Track launch release schedule. Ensure all needed materials are ready to support Chinese developers at launch (guides, FAQs, support staff, etc). Review Chinese language documentation and announcements for technical accuracy. Provide training on new features to business management and developer relations as needed. Developer Experience Collaborate with marketing to create announcements for Chinese developers about new features and programs. Ensure developer documentation is appropriate for the China market. Provide in-person support to developers involved in key App Store launches as needed. Lead discussions, education programs, and presentations with groups of developers. Benchmark the tools and capabilities available to developers for other app stores. Solicit feedback from the Chinese developer community and specific strategic developers. Foster and invest in strong relationships with key developers. Cross-Functional Leadership Cross-train with other China-based apps teams to obtain deep understanding of developer experience and tools used to support the developer. Ensure cross-functional teams like developer relations, technical support, business management and marketing are briefed on upcoming features and projects that may impact their portions of the business.
Education & Experience
Bachelor or above degree in computer science, IT, etc. preferred
- - Candidate should expect to travel to California 3 - 4 times per year, with each trip lasting a minimum of one week. The timing of travel is critical and based on business needs.
- - Candidate should expect to travel within China to meet with developers periodically, with each trip lasting a few days.