System Design Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The system design engineer will be in charge of developing customized test instruments and complete test systems to test the electrical performance of iOS devices. The ideal candidate is an EE with good scripting skills, and most of all, enjoys shipping a working system instead of designs on paper. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Are you up for the challenge?
- Have design experiences in some of these areas: audio circuit, linear and/or switching power supply, high speed signal integrity, USB3/Displayport/HDMI/mipi, high precision ADC, ARM based MCU system programming.
- Must have hands-on experience with bench equipments such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, DMM, electronic loads.
- Must be flexible and capable of handling multi-task operations
- Must be able to perform under tight schedule
- Extensive travel is required
- In depth understanding of USB and UART
Design, troubleshoot and debug electrical functional test equipment such as low noise audio signal digitizer, precise current meter, high speed switcher, efficient and fast power supply, etc Prototype HW test systems for consumer electronics. Propose, review and implement validation plans. Circuit analysis and simulation Provide guidance to PCB layout Data analysis Create and maintain functional test plans, trouble shoot test plan implementation. Manage suppliers/manufacturing parters/test development schedule
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE or CS
- Scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby...)
- DSP experience
- OSX programming experience
- Familiar with PCB manufacturing technology
- Mechanical design experience
- Embedded system programming