Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Extensive knowledge of tooling and processing for metal forming, including progressive stamping, drawing, and forging.
- Experience in casting or extrusion a bonus.
- Good knowledge of secondary metal processes such as machining, and decorating (anodizing, plating, painting).
- Strong material and metallurgical knowledge of metals, especially aluminum, steel, and stainless steel.
- Extensive experience managing Asian metal forming vendors and tooling programs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
We are looking for an experienced metal tooling and process engineer to provide a technical interface between our product design groups and our suppliers, and to drive development of world class metal forming tooling and processes at our supply base. This individual will be expected to assist in the product design process through Design for Manufacturing (DFM) input, as well as direct our suppliers in the design and manufacture of metal forming tooling and, as well in actual part manufacture. Responsibilities of this position include: Participate in the product design process through appropriate Design for Manufacturing (DFM) input in metal components. Work with our suppliers to develop new metal process tooling, processing, and quality specifications to meet geometric and cosmetic requirements for Apple products. Manage and direct Apple suppliers in the design and build of metal process tooling to assure meeting Apple project and part requirements. Drive optimization of metal forming processing at Apple suppliers. Make appropriate use of tools such as DFM, SPC, Six Sigma etc. in the development of tooling and processes for metal part manufacture.
Education & Experience
BS in engineering (MS preferred) - 8 - 10 years experience in the metal forming industry.