R2R GL and Reporting Analyst
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Apple’s Global Business Solutions (GBS) team partners with Apple’s business across Greater China, including Retail, Sales, Operations, R&D and Services. In addition to supporting transactional and financial reporting processes, GBS’ access to data across customers and functions provides a strategic platform to uncover trends and patterns to enhance financial controls and compliance, operational efficiency and business insights and performance. We look for individuals with not only solid technical skills but also the right balance of operational excellence, problem solving and strategic thinking to support the growth of Apple in Greater China. We are now seeking a high-caliber Record to Report Accountant to join our Shanghai-based team to play a pivotal role in building a world class Global Business Solutions center, be focused in developing a compliance governance framework to support Apple businesses in Great China. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- More than 8 years of related commercial working experience in terms of US GAAP and L-GAAP accounting and reporting, of which at least 2 years’ senior position are in an MNC environment
- Experience with the SAP system and system implementation or support experience would be a plus
- Ability to attracts, retains and develops talent, ensures talent development plans are delivered upon to secure the talent pipeline and succession plans
- Strategic thinker with a point of view on the big picture, who can see around corners and evaluate the business impact of decisions
- Problem solver who can critically analyze complex information and extract insights to drive business decisions and solutions
- Strong communicator who can build strong cross-functional partnerships and drive collaboration to influence appropriate outcomes
- Understanding of systems and processes with the courage to challenge the status-quo and identify new and innovative ways of working
- Mature, responsible and ambitious professional who can cut through ambiguity and provide insightful advice for dynamic audiences
- Big Four experience will be a plus
This role fulfills a broad scope of responsibilities split between supporting Greater China GL operations and providing a single point-of-contact for execution of our global reporting strategy. Sample deliverables for this role include: Maintain accuracy, completeness and integrity of GL accounts and possess knowledge of general principles relating to regulatory compliance Engage with stakeholders and ensure GAAP compliance risks and tax compliance risks are fully discussed and understood Management of balance sheet reviews and report-outs Partner cross-functionally to develop a GBS analytics and insight strategy that supports regional and worldwide decision-making Coordination with R2R Reporting GPL to execute global reporting strategy Consolidation of regional reporting requirements and prioritization for single intake model Development of regional super users across the 12 R2R sub-pillars in GC. Be able to break down business decisions into a detailed action plan and follow-through to deliver results Serving as statutory audit coordinator Demonstrate integrity by driving quality, honesty and accountability in all work
Education & Experience
Degree in accounting, finance or business administration Full accounting or finance qualification (CPA, CA, ACCA, CICPA, CMA) and knowledge of US GAAP, PRC GAAP and IFRS A minimum of 8 years of financial accounting experience; a combination of public accounting and industry experience preferred Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills in both English and Chinese
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.