Government Affaires Manager
Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Do your life’s best work here now. With the whole world watching. The people here at Apple don’t just create products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts.
- Identify and approach the key government agencies closely related to Apple’s businesses in China both at local levels.
- Regularly engage and coordinate with the key government stakeholders at local governments to secure the government approval, policy support and regulatory permits.
- Assist Greater China Government Affairs team to plan and implement the GA China strategy.
- Support Greater China Government Affairs to leverage the corporate business plan and growth strategy.
- Assist the manager to interpret the laws and regulations, and provide GA’s proposal for the corporate executives.
- Monitor the changes of the public policies, organization structure, decision making process, update the overall relationship portfolio and identify those potential important stakeholders and key figures.
- Assist the manager to schedule the corporate executive’s’ visit.
- Support and work with the local teams for communication and reputation and all other necessary issues.
- Take lead to communicate with both the foreign and local industrial associations
Responsible for driving government affairs strategies and programs, promote a positive environment for Apple, support Apple’s business needs and enhance Apple’s reputation: Support development and operational needs of Apple business in Western China, develop and execute plans and relevant programs that comprehensively address the local market situation, business issues and the needs of both internal and external stakeholders. Build, maintain/refresh and enhance a network of key decision makers of the local government and relevant functional agencies, facilitate Apple’s management relationship building with them and communicate effectively on Apple’s business plans, joint development initiatives as well as issues and support needed from them. Keep Apple’s management abreast of local market situation, local government personnel and policy changes; support site operations and business development by addressing the issues and influencing the outcome. Represent the Government Affairs Group to internal and external audience and ensure good communication and mutual understanding of the objectives of Government Affairs Group and other business groups’ needs.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or above, 10+ years of working experiences Prior working experience in the government organizations and multi-national Corporations in China Fluency in spoken and written English is a must Skills in drafting business documents both in Chinese and English Skills in communicating with the officials and the internal business units