APAC Retail Merchandising Visual Lead
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Sales and Business Development
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We belive the people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Merchandising team inspires our customers to discover, learn about and buy Apple products, services and accessories through merchandising that delivers a personalized experience like no other. We do this by presenting a focused point of view to create unique Apple experiences, that we then execute perfectly. The Visual Merchandising Lead is responsible for ensuring that our Apple hero products are merchandised to the highest visual standards through the creation and maintenance of planograms, as well as overseeing the sellable macro layouts for Apple Retail stores. This role ensures we maintain a consistent brand approach in line with our global Merchandising strategy whilst being aware of local retail and customer nuances and trends and adapting where necessary. The role is responsible for considering the whole store layout and how each area works together to deliver the best customer experience of Apple products, services, accessories.
- A demonstrated passion for putting the customer first and crafting unique customer experiences within a retail environment
- Retail/design experience in delivering commercial results through compelling visual merchandising
- Ability to interpret data, combining it with intuition to influence visual merchandising strategy decisions
- Strong aesthetic, visual design, and presentation skills
- Strong cross-functional agility, with the ability to independently lead and meet objectives in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to engage with partners at all levels
- Able to understand and help drive the big picture, overarching mission, and business drivers but can move to tactical detailed execution seamlessly
- Can work effectively in a global organisation, keeping work streams on deadline whilst also working with functional partners on ways to continually improve strategies & processes
Create, maintain and publish Apple product planograms for product launches and merchandising resets Build a close partnership with WW and Geo counterparts to ensure global alignment across planograms. Use deep geo and visual expertise to influence global strategy and localise to EMEA nuances where appropriate. Identify opportunities to improve customer experience and conversion through customer observation and performance analysis, ensuring optimal use of space. Work closely with cross-functional partners to coordinate product launches and communicate the product visual merchandising strategy. Maintain and communicate accurate demo counts ahead of major merchandising changes to ensure the correct products are available in every store, in partnership with Retail Fulfilment Operations teams. Lead and review all store communications ranging from Labour Hours/Store queries/visual standards and system updates. Be a systems specialist in planograming and publishing tools, leading any updates and consistently feedback back on any enhancements needed to improve the customer and store experience. Visit stores in the region with the field merchandising team and store leadership to discuss how to improve customer journey through store macro layout, which in turn will improve the efficiency of the space
Education & Experience
We make recruiting decisions based on your skills and experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.