Technical Project Manager
Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Software and Services
The Manufacturing Design team enables the mass production of Apple's entire product line from iPhones, iPads and MacBooks to the Mac Pro, AppleTV and Apple Watch. Part of the magic that makes all of this possible is a robust set of applications and systems designed and developed by Apple that support the production of a product from prototype to announcement and beyond. This role is responsible for the development of tools and solutions for use within the Enclosure level manufacturing process and the broader Apple Manufacturing Design organization in order to support the business operational needs and promote greater efficiency, simplicity, cost savings, quality, standardization and scalability.
- Project management skills: the ability to manage Apple and ODM vendors cross-functional teams.
- IT experience: software/hardware/network experience or MES/ERP experience.
- Operations knowledge: broad quality/supply chain/operations management knowledge.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership.
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout China up to 50% of the time.
Lead and work with ODM to establish Apple Manufacturing Traceability solution. Communicate with cross-functional teams including quality, engineering, supply chain and software to align the requirements and system design. Work with other teams and design professional IT solutions to solve operations problems. Understand the production processes and operations pain points down to the details. Simplify the complex problem and deliver clear information. Negotiate with suppliers on the project scope, schedule and deliverables, estimate the technical efforts and identify the risks before the implementation. Build and maintain the relationships with the key users and stakeholders.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Eng./Comp Science or minimum 5 years experience in industry software consulting or implementation. Minimum 3 years experience in manufacturing system (MES/SFC/ERP) implementation functions. Minimum 3 years experience working closely with quality or supply chain functions. Software experience in business analysis, software design, methodology, and architecture Data analysis experience in data extracting, cleaning and mining.
- SQL/Python/Tableau data analysis skills
- PMP/6 Sigma certification preferred
- Network topology and Linux server experience
- MBA preferred