China Logistics Manager
上海, 上海, 中国内地
Operations and Supply Chain
Company overview Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and we reinvented it in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Today, we continues to own the industry in innovation with its award-winning computers, OS X operating system and iLife and professional applications. Apple is also spearheading the digital media revolution with its iPod portable music and video players and iTunes online store, and has entered the mobile phone market with its revolutionary iPhone. Make a difference. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Overview This APO Logistics Manager role will be based in China(Shanghai or Shenzhen) and is rotatable depending on strategic business requirement. This position requires exceptional flexibility and adaptability in dealing with internal & external customers and the ability to provide strategic responses and effective solutions to external influences including China Customs, Governmental & Operational statutory requirements (CIQ, CCC, CSTCG, MSDS, DG etc), FG outbound and Material inbound management in support of OEM production, Holiday work schedule, Supplier’s management, Quarter end and Spring-back support etc. These are just a few of the key attributes needed for success in this dynamic and challenging logistics environment. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, and must have the ability to work independently and handle multiple projects as needed. He/She must have good analytical and problem solving skills and must be able to communicate clearly in both English and Mandarin. He/She must be able to work on his/her own initiative, and ideally having experience working within a logistics & supply-chain environment.
- Minimum of 5 years proven logistics experience and with sound knowledge of customs regulations, international air & ocean inbound and outbound freight. Preference would include a wider knowledge on the different types of freight management i.e. bulk, parcel, domestic transportation and DC/Hub operation is a plus.
- Must have a strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with the team.
- Ability to generate creative ideas and has excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Well verse with supply-chain and have good logistics networking relationship with key and reputable contributors in the freight industry.
- Energetic, positive attitude and the ability to accept and manage change in a fast-paced logistics environment
- Team player with a keen-to-learn attitude, proactive, innovative and with good leadership quality.
- Capable of working individually or as part of a multi-task functional team to cut through ambiguity to decide and act without having the total picture and comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
• Develop project / execution plan to support volume surge and NPI launches and ensuring suppliers compliance to Apple HSR/FSR • Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess supplier’s key performance indices and implement operational improvements across the supply-chain. • Drive for operational excellence across the supply-chain in achieving on-time shipment execution at origin and maintaining product confidentiality, (zero loss, zero disclosure) for all NPI shipments. • Engage and provide sound guidance and support on new suppliers on-boarding (OEMs & freight forwarders) • Work with freight forwarders on cost savings and carbon footprint reduction initiatives through process and packaging improvements. • Periodically conduct impromptu freight forwarder’s warehouse security audits in the drive to ensure compliance to Apple’s HSR & FSR requirements. • Work closely with all Suppliers (OEMs and freight forwarders) to ensure Apple’s TDM & specific Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) are met. • Conduct monthly meetings with OEMs and freight forwarders in driving for continuous operational and process improvements. • Develop and optimize logistics networking in achieving the shortest delivery cycle-time time for inbound material movements. • Interface closely with the Worldwide / Regional Logistics team on daily operations and update them on any logistics risk, challenges & developments within China. • Able to travel as required on short notices to international or domestic cities to support China Logistics overall requirements.
• Qualified candidates should posses a BA degree or a minimum of 5 - 7 years of logistics /supply-chain experience holding similar or higher position.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.