Apple Watch System Electronic Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We are searching for self-driven, passionate electrical engineers to provide design, test, validation, failure analysis and manufacturing support to our Apple Watch product. Our products are on the groundbreaking in every way: usability, integration, connectivity, power consumption, fabrication, reliability, manufacturing scale. The candidate will play a meaningful role in the development of Apple Watch products, collaborating with cross functional design team in the process. Additionally, the candidate will work closely with Contract Manufacturer’s EE team, and take a lead role in driving those teams to achieve our validation and manufacturing goals with a very high bar of quality.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in the design and development of high speed digital and/or analog boards and systems.
- Must have a solid understanding of the system development process including concept creation, schematics and board development, as well as board and system bring up and debugging.
- Strong background on analog design and experience a plus.
- Familiar with embedded firmware design and debugging.
- Familiar with python for hardware control, testing, and data analysis.
- Curious mind and both intuitive and rigorous problem solving skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills in both English and Chinese.
- Participate in design and development of next generation Apple Watch from concept to mass production. - Be the technical owner at Contract Manufacturer’s site to support various engineering builds ranging from Proto, EVT to PVT. Represent the EE team in a cross-functional team environment. - Be able to identify EE related issues in the field. Drive resolution of cross-functional issues including those related to architecture (performance, power consumption, thermal behavior), production (quality, failure analysis, manufacturing), and development (schematic design, PCB layout, and overall system integration).
Education & Experience
- BSEE required. MSEE preferred.