Site Technical Manager
Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, you will help us leave the world better than we found it. In the position, you will be responsible for all aspects of manufacturing process, including maintenance of assembly and testing process consistency, process mapping, data correlation, as well as the capability for failure analysis on the yield hitters and reliability issues from process perspectives, and post-ramp qualification and new process implementation. You will work together with the design engineering team and vendors to drive for product solutions, increase line efficiency and control product quality. Take ownership of sustaining production engineering to ensure production line is ready in terms of facilities, equipment, process and capacity so that production plan can be met.
- - 6 years of design or production/reliability experiences for handset or electronic appliances is preferable.
- - Deep understanding on other precise assembly processes, such as electrically conductive adhesive or glue applications.
- - Good spoken and written English with proficient Mandarin.
- - Familiar with mobile devices or advanced material knowledge is preferable.
- - Excellent interpersonal and communication skill with capability to work independently and under pressure.
- - Willing to travel frequently upon request (mainly in Asia).
- Engagement in new product engineering builds, assist in reviewing production process and fixtures from manufacturing perspectives, capable of fixing hot issues is a plus. - Executes and implements the strategic direction, goals, objectives and key measurement systems to ensure the business goals are met. - Primary metrics include - process and yield goals, monitor and audit product quality across all yield and audit points, ensure adequate controls and product integrity are set in place. - Develops, implements, and maintains policies, procedures and control systems for each functional area. - Acts as a bridge for technical issues when required between Apple engineering team and the vendors. - Provides input into global process, test, quality, BOM Management as systems are improved or upgraded.
Education & Experience
University or college graduated (BS/MS) with major in EE or ME related degrees, with testing background is preferable