Brittles Mfg Quality Engineer
上海, 上海, 中国内地
Operations and Supply Chain
Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We provide equal opportunities. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. We don’t just create products - We create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. In this highly visible role, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on Apple Products, and leave a footprint for years to come. We have an opportunity for an accomplished quality engineer to lead development, and ramp for a next generation Apple product from both dimensional and cosmetic perspective. Our quality engineering team enables the mass creation of impossible products as a partner in the development of Apple's renowned designs.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, with good English.
- Good initiative and problem solving skills.
- · Typically requires 5+ years of experience in developing quality plans, designing test methods and gauges, validating test methods and gauges, and driving corrective actions and failure analysis efforts required.
- · Knowledge of quality and reliability concepts, supplier management, and general manufacturing operations. An area of expertise such as a specific process, material or industry is key to show depth of knowledge base.
- · Project management experience and a solid understanding of problem solving tools including design of experiments, root cause analysis and statistical process control principles preferred. · Experience with any of the following: mechanical enclosures, castings, plastic parts, injection molding, tooling, jigs, fixtures, or automotive high volume quality manufacturing engineering. · MS or BS in Engineering required. MBA is a +.
In this highly visible and highly hands-on role, you will enjoy the key decision making combined with the on-site hands-on problem solving that comes with owning the quality for some of the highest quality and highest visibility products in the world today. You will be responsible for developing and implementing quality tools and systems for cutting edge product designs in a cosmetically demanding environment. Specific areas of responsibility include the following: Quality Planning Apply solid understanding of quality control and manufacturing concepts to oversee the development of specific Product Quality Plans (PQP) appropriate to program and commodity. Evaluate and communicate the yield of new and existing processes. Drive corrective actions cross-functionally with internal and external team members • Develop and implement cutting edge quality inspection tools. • Identify and direct studies to implement improvements in measuring method where appropriate. • Establish audit procedures appropriate to program and supplier to ensure adherence to Apple quality standards. • Interface with internal and external groups to ensure that proper definition of quality expectations and that appropriate assurance techniques are used for the product. Supplier Quality Management • Assess supplier production control and quality programs, identify shortfalls to expectation, and directly secure agreement to correct. • Review PQP with supplier and other Apple functional groups to optimize supplier quality programs. • Evaluates supplier readiness and adherence to PQP at all development and qualification stages. • Monitor each supplier's performance through measurement of production line statistics, company inspections, and audits. Prepare summary of performance and communicate to appropriate management.
Typically requires 5+ years of experience in a hands-on manufacturing environment. Must have experience rolling up your sleeves and assuming day to day activities for a product line, as well as experience developing quality plans, validating test methods and gauges, and driving corrective actions / failure analysis efforts. Knowledge of quality and reliability concepts, supplier management, and general manufacturing operations. Project management experience and a solid understanding of problem solving tools including design of experiments, root cause analysis and statistical process control principles preferred. Experience with any of the following: mechanical enclosures, casings, plastic parts, injection molding, tooling, jigs, fixtures, or automotive high volume quality manufacturing engineering. BSME, or similar. MSME or MBA is a +.