Brittles Mfg Design Engineer
上海, 上海, 中国内地
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We are looking for individuals capable of maintaining project deadlines in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment. You will face industry leading quality targets that will challenge our suppliers’ ability to produce parts in volume, on time and within budget. As a Manufacturing Design Engineer, you will have responsibility to work with our suppliers and subject matter experts to develop, implement and control production processes that meet or exceed the product design requirements. You must be able to collaborate as a member of a dispersed project team, and deliver on personal projects at the same time. You will be key to the successful launch of new, ground-breaking products.
- Strong capability of technical problem solving: data analysis, trouble shoot, solution proposal, DOE planning & execution etc.
- Experiences of the below (or a few of the below) technical areas: Machining, Polishing, Abrasive, Grinding, Assembly, Automation etc;
- Mechanical Engineering degree or relevant education/working background, is preferred
- Experiences of directly dealing with Glass / Ceramic / Sapphire material, is preferred
- Very Familiar with GD&T, DOE, SPC.
- Good written and oral communication skills, fluent in English.
- 5+ years relevant working experience, esp. in 3C industry, is preferred
- Ability and willingness to work independently and travel frequently (mainly in Asia).
- A team player who is self-motivated, results oriented and detailed oriented.
Lead the development work of multi-type Brittle Material components (Glass, Ceramic, Sapphire etc.) and subassemblies of iPhone / Watch / iPad / Mac products. Design the glass manufacturing process based on drawing requirement, including proposing process flow, selecting equipments, designing tools/fixtures, driving DOEs to find out the best machine setups and parameters, trouble-shooting dimensional / cosmetic / reliability problems, and finalizing the process solution from prototype stage to mass production stage. Be deeply involved in developing & managing different kinds of processes in the scope of: machining, polishing, assembly, automation, chemical treatment etc. Manage the DFM initiative, approval & documentation from each development build stage (eg. Proto/EVT/DVT) to mass production; Work cross functionally with Product Design Engineering to assess product features for manufacturability, and recommend capable production processes and equipment. Work closely with Cupertino-based MDEs in the development of above said processes. Work with Global Supply Managers to develop new equipment from RFQ through factory implementation, and manufacture and deliver material to downstream supply chain nodes on time and on cost. Work with Manufacturing Quality Engineers to drive yield improvement through analysis of part quality, defect pareto, and SPC. A heavy emphasis will be on working with suppliers to define and refine mechanical tooling and fixtures, and establishing process capability and readiness. Coordination of activities and direction through clear communication between the Asia and US-based teams, and vendors is a necessity.
- BS or MS in Engineering or equivalent