China Supply Demand Execution
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Company overview: Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and we reinvented it in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Today, we continue to lead the industry in innovation with its award-winning computers, OS X operating system and iLife and professional applications. Apple is also spearheading the digital media revolution with its iPod portable music and video players and iTunes online store, and has entered the mobile phone market with its revolutionary iPhone. Make a difference. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is where some of the world’s smartest, most passionate people create the world’s most innovative products and experiences. Join us and you’ll do the best work of your life and make a difference in other people’s lives. Do more than you ever thought possible. Have more impact than you ever imagined. Position Overview Apple is looking for dynamic, highly-motivated candidates to our China Supply Demand Management Team. World-Class operational excellence is a cornerstone of Apple's ability to consistently surprise and delight our customers. The China Supply Demand Planner plays a critical role in ensuring operational and financial success for the organization. You will be a member of the Supply Demand Management team, a highly influential group within Apple, challenged to scale at the pace of the company’s overall growth, while incorporating and improving upon the strategies that are central to the world’s greatest supply chain. SDE – The China Supply Demand Execution team provides worldwide support for three regional SDE groups (Americas, Europe, and Asia), while based in Shanghai, China. This team ensures proper product allocation execution through the matching of supply and demand between multiple distribution sites while following direction provided by regional SDE teams. The overall mission is to own and implement the efficient execution of allocation plans, to ensure that all shipments occur as required to meet Apple’s billings plans and financial goals, while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent.
- Prior experience in order fulfillment, inventory management, order management and/or planning is preferred.
- The candidate must combine a working knowledge of world- class supply chain practices, strong analytical capabilities and business savvy.
- The candidate must be able to exert tactful influence in a matrixed organization while working as part of a team and consistently utilizing strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Additional requirements include the ability to think strategically and execute tactically, a persistent attention to detail, and a high level of comfort in working with numbers.
- Strong Excel, SAP/ERP background preferred.
• Be responsible for the daily allocation execution for the designated product line. Ensure all customer orders are shipped on time to meet customer commits. • Provides support to regional planning/allocation, customer support, and logistics to ensure expediency, appropriate prioritization and execution of product allocations in accordance with quote goals and plans. • Interface with Regional SDE groups on strategic issues, product deployment requests, and quality issues. • Lead NPI activity for relevant LOB and develop a detailed execution plan. • Maximize allocation attainment by analyzing supply vs backlog, and resolving impediments to shipping backlog. • Dedicatedly identifies process inefficiencies and drives for a smoother order fulfillment process and participate in innovation programs (related to process/tools) and IS&T related capital projects
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.