Systems Software Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Be a part of the Metrology Software Team. We build customized solutions for characterizing, and testing displays, cameras and touch technology for Mac, iPhone and more. In this role, you will develop production-friendly solutions to calibrate and inspect fully-assembled devices. Complete solution delivered may include fixtures, software, calibration algorithms, instrumentation drivers etc. Be one of the first people in the world to witness new Apple products being crafted for the first time.
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development and/or instrumentation.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills; clear communication with diverse teams.
- C / C++/ Python.
- Experience of software development in Objective-C / MATLAB is also helpful, and exposure to large quantity data analysis and manipulation is a plus.
- A positive outlook towards stepping into uncharted technology space and working hard to deliver solutions in a timely fashion.
- Willingness and ability to travel to Asia is required.
We are currently seeking an individual with strong software skills, with a strong command of C/C++ or any object oriented language, with a willingness to learn Objective-C. You will work with a team of amazing engineers to develop and deploy mass-production friendly solutions for Mac and iPhone/iPad products. These solutions include stations with scientific instrumentation, software, and algorithms used to calibrate and test Mac products. Starting from the first prototyping phase towards the final engineering validation phase of the product, work with industry talents and multi-functional colleagues to define test coverage, develop calibration algorithms and specifications, before packaging and handing over the validated solution to the operations team for mass-production.
Education & Experience
MS CS/CE/EE/Physics + 3 years experience in industry. BS CS/CE/EE/Physics + 5 years experience.
- You should have relevant software background, with excellent technical communication skills. While not necessary, having some type of technical proficiency on large displays and other emerging display technologies would be beneficial. Hands-on skills such as data analysis using JMP is also beneficial but is not mandatory.
- Familiarity with development of software for automated equipment is a plus.