Embedded System SW Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
You will take responsibility for the overall system performance of multi-radio coexistence across a wide variety of Apple products. A strong RF hardware and system design background is preferred for this role. You will work closely with internal and external engineering groups (such as Mechanical Engineering / Product Design, RF Hardware Design, Antenna, System EE, Wireless Software, ATE/factory automation engineers, contract manufacturers, and part / equipment vendors) to debug multi-radio co-existence issues and implement improvements in the design.
- Deep understanding of and hands-on experience in RF hardware and system design
- Working knowledge of EM and antenna theory inside portable wireless devices, including proper grounding, antenna isolation, platform noise and desense mitigation techniques
- Experience and understanding in RF component characteristics and behavior
- Experience with performing WiFi/BT sensitivity / RvR tests in both conducted and radiated environments
- Deep understanding on RF receiver AGC operation and optimization techniques for different jammer conditions
- Able to perform hands-on disassembly and make experimental modifications to intricate hardware
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, including organization skills.
- Experience with RF lab equipments including spectrum analyzer, power meter, network analyzer, vector signal generator/analyzer, oscilloscope, and/or WiFi/BT sniffer.
- Superb technical reporting, presentation and interpersonal skills. Works well with external / internal groups.
- Some level of experience with current and upcoming RF Standards is favorable.
- Experience with WiFi/BT Co-Existence HW design and SW mitigation schemes is a plus, for example WCI.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally, travel is expected to be 20%.
- Energy and drive to thrive in start-up environment. Highly motivated, a self-starter, and a great teammate
- Ability to read/write test script for automation will be a plus
- Fluent in English
Defining WiFi/BT Co-Existence performance requirements and test methodology Ensuring that the product is designed to meet those requirements, both on a conducted and radiated level. This includes giving design guidelines, reviewing, and signing-off on all PCB and flex layouts, and system-level grounding / shielding / etc, related to multi-radio coexistence. Crafting and implementing test systems both in a lab and manufacturing environment, to implement the design performance. Leading manufacturing test and debug / failure analysis efforts on-site, through international travel. Interpreting large amounts of statistical data across a wide range of test cases, across multiple wireless technologies. Debugging and resolving product design and test issues that arise. This includes hands-on mockup and proposal of design changes to resolve any issues found. Innovating to develop implementable design solutions that optimize product performance. This includes coming up with HW, FW, SW solutions and system algorithms to mitigate against any coexistence issues. Managing the process to ensure our products meet all multi-radio co-existence performance specifications.
Education & Experience
BS or MA in Electrical Engineering with 5 years or above of relevant work experience