Home Engineering Program Manager
Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
Home enables an entire ecosystem of secure and intelligent home connectivity. We are developing technologies and crafting experiences that redefine the way people harmonize with the world around them. The Apple Home team is looking for self-driven, passionate In Region Engineering Program Manager to run the project during the NPI stage. Ideally, you are an excellent communicator in both Mandarin and English and can quickly grasp issues and drive them to resolution, able to collaborate with other departments and all levels of management within Apple and its partners. An ability to work in a quickly changing environment and to be a creative problem solver is a requirement.
- A minimum of ～7 years experiences, preferably in a high tech or computer-related industry.
- Relevant experience in introducing products into manufacturing or high volume production a large plus.
- International experiences, knowledge of China local ODM/OEM Eco-System are preferred.
- Excellent project management skills, experience working in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated leadership in driving solutions to challenges.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Extensive travel within China.
Work with contract manufacturer (CM) to make build schedule according to NPI project overall schedule. Create & maintain the build matrix to reflect latest request from x-functional teams & DOEs arrangement in nimbus. Material CTB review and take correction actions towards the risk items, make sure waiver list in place. Follow up with x-functional teams for the station equipment & fixture bring up / buy-off status. Manage build deviations both for test stations and assembly process. Host daily build opening / closing meeting for project readiness review to provide risk assessment & opportunity. Drive key issues for short-term & long-term actions. Quotation review, budget / PR request and approval.
Education & Experience
BS / MS degree with 7+ years of relevant working experience in project management or equivalent.