Flex DFM Manager
Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. This is a Flex DFM manager role, that directly manages Apple employees, with "Design For Manufacturing (DFM) and Quality" responsibility for driving all aspects of New Product development, sustaining products, and failure analysis.
- The role requires a passionate work ethic, relationship-building skills, analytical skills, critical thinking, communication skills, resourcefulness, and the ability to work effectively with multi-functional team member.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions, or customers and the company.
- 8+ years technical roles in any of PCBA, PCB, Flexible Circuits, SIP, electronic packaging industry, and experienced in manufacturing
- The ideal candidate is an experienced leader with result & technical oriented; often leads a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Detail and action oriented, self starter leader.
- Consistent record of delivering large scale complex projects.
- A natural problem solver with a strong awareness of risk.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to deliver high quality solutions to tight schedules
- Ability to travel to supplier’s manufacturing sites to work face to face with multi-functional teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator in technical and business contexts with a proven record in generating managerial reports and delivering presentations.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic work environment.
- Knowledgeable in production control processes, data analysis/interpretation GR&R, Cp/Cpk and correlation analysis.
- Self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skill.
- Good team-player and able to work with multiple functional groups.
If you have passion, dedication, great leadership and desire partnering in making best product in the world, this job will make your dreams to become true. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following: Collaborating with Engineering for new product development strategy. Collaborating with USA engineering, suppliers, contract manufactures, and Apple internal multi-functional teams to ensure flawless execution and support of all engineering challenges, goals, and objectives Developing and driving the direct team to achieve established goals and objectives. In this role you will be responsible for the following: Building a strong team within Flex DFM, provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies, recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s). Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines, collaborating with Product Design and Test Engineering teams early in the development cycles to ensure a smooth transition of products to mass production. You will drive deployment and optimizations in the various manufacturing processes to deliver optimal quality and yields. Responsible for how to use resources to ensure all NPI products meet schedule and achieve product manufacturability readiness goals. You will work with internal and external partners on the design and deployment of complex factory DFM solutions.
Education & Experience
BS or above in engineering or Material Science