Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
At Apple, new ideas have a way of quickly becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences. Sound is an essential and compelling facet of the customer experience - Apple has assembled a world-class Acoustics team that enables our customers to experience music with delight, communicate with clarity and appreciate our products without disturbance from noise. In Apple Acoustics we work with obsessive attention to detail, directly contributing to products that ship to millions of people around the world. The acoustics integration team has comprehensive overall acoustics ownership of the full system acoustics performance all the way from concept phase to mass production that requires continuous multi-functional collaboration with wide variety of teams ranging from transducer design and audio tunings to system hardware, software, mechanics, quality and reliability. The integration team is looking for someone who enjoys collaboration with high initiative and wants to make a phenomenal engineering contribution to enable industry-leading electronic devices.
- Are you experienced in acoustics in an engineering role producing high-volume consumer electronics? We highly value one or more of the following audio experience: audio electronics, audio transducer design, acoustic test measurement and data interpretation/analysis. We welcome your experience working with off-shore manufacturers.
- Ideally you will have a strong background (five+ years) in an acoustics engineering role within the audio consumer electronic industry.
- Knowledge in speaker and microphone design and test
- Proven success in the areas of design, manufacturing, and failure analysis of audio systems
- Experience with mass production and/or shipping consumer products
- Skilled in acoustic test equipment setup and data acquisition test sequence writing
- Knowledge in audio signal processing
- Proficient in English and Mandarin
Responsibilities include: Acoustic hardware integration design review and assembly process review Validate acoustic design and lead the failure analysis corrective actions during development build Map out test strategy and setup test station for acoustic hardware Close interaction with US counterparts and cross-functional teams to support development builds at contract manufacturers Travel request (Approximately 30%)
Education & Experience
- Master or equivalent, preferably specializing in acoustics