Reliability Test Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Come join a dedicated team who is committed to making Apple's products more durable. We work in a highly collaborative lab environment, balancing several projects and deadlines simultaneously. We're looking for someone to help us execute and oversee reliability testing on display modules in our state-of-the-art lab. You will review test plans, execute reliability testing, capture data, and share your analysis with Apple's reliability engineers. You will also oversee vendors, which will help you perform the stresses on displays. You will support building the lab’s testing capabilities, outlining the testing methods, and focusing on the small details to make day-to-day activities run efficiently. Your success will allow us to identify and correct design issues quickly.
- Proven ability to conduct tests in a laboratory setting
- Capable of processing and summarizing data
- Hands-on experience with environmental reliability test equipment, microscopes, mechanical stress equipment, electro-mechanical lab equipment, multi-meters, DSLR photography, etc.
- Excellent Mandarin and English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively lead multiple projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines
- Dynamic and “can-do” attitude with a passion to deliver groundbreaking technologies and an exceptional customer experience
- Ability to drive decisions and problem solve in an unattended manner Excited to collaborate among a diverse set of partners
- Willing and able to travel freely among Asian nations
In this role, you will collaborate with multiple Apple engineers to conduct reliability tests on display modules. You will also work closely with and manage outside vendors to meet deadlines, while meeting Apple's high security standards. You will report test results and lab equipment utilization, actively track test samples, and work with a third party vendor to setup, calibrate, and oversee the maintenance of custom reliability test equipment.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, or an equivalent field Experience in consumer electronics development is a plus