Software QA Engineer - Apple Pay
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here at Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Pay QA Engineering team is looking for a creative and motivated Engineer with excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills. You will join a dynamic team with strong technical skills who take pride in qualifying the best in class Apple Pay user experience. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to be part of a new project and shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day.
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, and testing tools
- Understanding of software QA metrics, operations, and statistical techniques
- Experience in developing test plan, assessing risk, filing appropriate defects, and providing relevant data for test reporting
- Detail oriented, analytical, and creative problem solver with passion for quality processes
- Ability to triage problems, prioritize accordingly, and propose a resolution
- Experience automating functional & integration testing of Web, iOS, OS X, and backend services & applications
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, raise issues and take corrective action
- Working knowledge of Unix, Mac, shell scripting, python and tools to debug them
- Experience working in a fast paced and international environment
- Fluent English written and oral communications skills
- Experience in Python/Obj-C and scripting languages is a plus
As an Apple Pay Software QA Engineer, you will work closely with software engineers, management, other Apple QA teams, and will provide new work to the Quality Plan and educate various software engineering teams on writing appropriate requirements and test plans. You will ensure that Apple delivers the next generation products with the highest quality. - You will triage and debug difficult problems, driving them to resolution, in an effort to make the user experience phenomenal. - Defining test coverage, developing test plans, creating and maintaining test cases, executing functional and performance tests, evaluating and reporting quality of existing technologies and new features. - Developing test tools and implementing test automation. - You will carry an extraordinary deal of influence across the software engineering organization and as such, you will demonstrate previous success achieving certification of the greatest quality standards.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.