Manufacturing Design Engineer
Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Training in mechanical engineering, Industrial engineering or related disciplines.
- Strong background developing fixtures, jigs for plastics, glass and metal enclosure parts across a variety of fabrication and assembly processes.
- Strong diverse knowledge and hands-on experience of mechanical secondary operations such as CNC machining/lathing, laser-welding, painting, printing and assembly techniques.
- Additional experience with automation, product design, managing quality, and product documentation is a plus.
- Vendor/factory management experience necessary.
- Must have excellent Excel skills, good understanding of GD&T & statistics application, strong failure analysis skills, and 3DCAD experience
- Good written and oral communication skills, fluent in English.
Manage development, selection, implementation & optimization of secondary operations for mechanical enclosure subassemblies. This includes such processes as CNC milling, laser welding and automation of mechanical components. Work with Product Design, Industrial Design to assess product features for manufacturability and recommend capable processes, equipment Conduct early Design For Manufacture studies and present conclusions to support Manufacturing Engineering positions. Work with Global Supplier Managers to identify capable suppliers, assess their secondary processes for capacity, quality and cost Work with suppliers to define and refine tooling, fixtures and establish capability Audit supplier processes and assembly processes. Support product phase builds from Concept through to Engineering Verification Test, Design Verification Test and Production Verification Test and ramp. Responsible for secondary operation process yields and capacity to meet program requirements and sustaining of high yields in mass production. Responsible for root cause analysis studies and corrective action plan implementation. Assist postproduction quality/ cost improvement activity related to fixtures and processes. You will work with Supplier Quality Engineers to drive yield improvement through analyses of part quality, defect pareto, and SPC.
Education & Experience
BS/ MS with 3+ years high volume mechanical product manufacturing experience