Manufacturing Process Engineer - Display
Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Operations and Supply Chain
In this highly visible role, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on Apple Products, and leave a footprint for years to come. We have an opportunity for an accomplished process engineer to lead development, and ramp for a next generation Apple product.
- A strong team player. The ideal candidate will need to have hands-on experience in the design and development of manufacturing processes and/or equipment in the flat panel display, plastic touch sensor, solar cell, LED, semiconductor, or other similar industry.
- - Product assembly SOP definition and review
- - Product assembly fixture development and qualification
- - Auto manufacturing equipment design, DFM review and qualification
- - Process parameter development through systemically methodology (Design, perform DOE, data analysis and define the parameters with solid data support)
- Experience in one or more of the following process technologies is preferred: Bonding, lamination, PVD, CVD, inkjet printing, screen printing, etching, cleaning, thermal processing, laser processing, roll-to-roll processing.
- Demonstrated ability to perform mechanical tolerance stack-up, DOE, SPC, data analysis, and failure analysis is a must. Familiarity with failure analysis techniques such as SEM, EDX, FTIR, etc is required.
- Excellent written & verbal English communication skills are required. Fluency in multiple languages is preferred, including Chinese, Korean, and/or Japanese.
- Working knowledge of GD&T and engineering drawing interpretation
- Program/project management experience is a plus
- Be able to work independently under high pressure and tight schedule.
•Review and provide feedback on product design and engineering drawing to reflect the design intent of display component and module. DFM knowledge and skill is essential. •Partner with internal and external cross functional teams to evaluate design and processes at early phase and set expectations for manufacturing processes •Conduct tolerance analysis of mechanical and cosmetic performance, and work with engineering team and ensure the key dimension and profile is controlled in 2D drawing. For risk item, come out control and validation plan with engineering team and drive it happened. •Responsible for manufacturing research and development to solve complex manufacturing problems that immediately impact to product cost, quality and delivery of products. •Define and develop assembly tool of fixture or equipment through the application of theoretical and practical engineering to fulfill product design and feature. •Develop the process parameters for product manufacturing through DOE (design of experiment) and statistic to fulfill product spec. •Set process control point or parameter which is critical to quality for process to ensure no process issue in production line and reliability test. •Lead the roll-out of equipment, material, and process across the Apple display supply chain, optimize the process and equipment for device performance, yield, quality, reliability, and throughput, and ramp the equipment/process into full mass production. •Conduct failure analysis in production line and drive the solution and validation happened. •Present technical issues analysis and overall status updates to Apple management team and cross functional team on a frequent basis •Provide creative solutions for engineering challenges or issues with solid data support.
Education & Experience
BS, MS or Ph. D. Degree in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering, Chemistry/Chemical Engineering, Materials science, Physics, or equivalent with 5+ years experience in Process or Manufacturing.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.