Marketing Communications Director, Apple Greater China
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The Marcom Director will be a key member of the Apple’s marketing leadership team in Greater China, adding to the diversity of ideas and management talent required for its growth. He/She will be responsible for the consumer marketing activities throughout Greater China, which includes all marcom related activities. This position will work closely with the Product Marketing, Corporate Communications, and Sales teams in Greater China, and the corporate marcom executives at the headquarters in Cupertino, California.
- A consistent record of high performance in marketing for high cost, complex products or services in technology or other leading consumer product organization.
- Proven track record in sharing knowledge cross-functionally to optimize resources and in leveraging knowledge to gain competitive advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence people across all functional areas of an organization.
- Experienced in new media/online media and able to identify and capitalize on emerging media trends, online media and social networking media.
Manage a high performing team of approximately 40 individuals, who are responsible for Channel, Digital/Interactive, Media, Planning, Campaigns, Creatives, Demand Generation, and Localization. Execute Apple’s branding strategy and implement Apple’s branding activities throughout Greater China. Provide constructive feedback/inputs to Apple executives in Cupertino on Apple’s local marketing efforts based on deep understanding of the Chinese market and consumers. Lead all demand generation activities, working with Apple’s partners, resellers, distributors, major retailers, and carriers. Manage Apple’s branding efforts in channels of distribution to ensure brand conformity, consistency, and effectiveness. Manage any regional marketing and advertising campaigns; develop and implement systems for identifying key audiences and communicating with them in ways that build productive, positive awareness and relationships. Manage external agency relationships in the region and develop metrics to assess the effectiveness of these relationships. Build key relationships with sales organizations to stay current with customer needs and market shifts; partner with Product Marketing and Corp Comms in new product launches.
Education & Experience
Prospective candidates will have an undergraduate degree from a respected university. While a MBA or other graduate degree is highly desirable, it is not a prerequisite for consideration.
- The Marcom Director will be a team builder and player with an inclusive, collaborative management style that engenders trust, develops credibility, and elevates morale. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly gain the respect and support of both management and other employees by demonstrating marketing expertise and personal attributes such as good judgment, business acumen, balance, objectivity, teamwork, quiet confidence, and trustworthiness.
- The ideal candidate will be a well-established marketing executive who is able to adapt to the culture of an aggressive and dynamic company easily. He/she will know how to effectively apply personal judgments and creativity to reinforce the distinct Apple brand identity and augment brand equity across Greater China.
- He/She will be an intelligent, quick learner with an analytical orientation, while also possessing strategic vision, consensus building skills, and consultative style. He/She will also have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen effectively, socialize ideas across functions, and articulate the vision of the company, both internally and externally.
- The candidate will have a successful 15 – 20 years track record in consumer marketing, with more than 8-10 years of senior corporate marketing experience in a consumer context together with experience in a leading advertising agency. Agency-side management or leadership experience is highly preferred.
- The final candidate ideally will have worked in North America within a headquarters/ corporate environment, and in Asia as well.