Home Hardware Design Engineer
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Apple Home team is looking for self-driven, passionate Electrical Engineers to develop innovative high-tech products from architecture, design, validation, all the way to exciting manufacturing support. Our products are state of the art in every way: user experience, feature definition, hardware and software integration, connectivity, sensing, power consumption, fabrication, reliability, manufacturing scale, and design. With tremendous amount of learning and growing opportunities, you will play a meaningful role in the development of Apple products and collaborate with the California-based design teams in the process, including: - System EE and Module EE - Product Design / Mechanical Engineering - Acoustics - Wireless Design - Sensing - Firmware - iOS - EMC, Reliability, Operations, etc. The position is based in the Shanghai area with exciting office and engineering lab setup. We have Shenzhen office and lab for your option as well. There are some travels to factory to support engineering builds. Once the world gets back to normal, you will have opportunities for international travel as well to work side by side with world-class engineers in California.
- Great EE fundamentals. This means you have a deep understanding of why our discipline works the way it does; you've developed an intuition and can apply it to new topics because you understand the basics.
- Courage and curiosity to embrace new technologies, challenges and opportunities.
- Great communication skills to accelerate idea brainstorming and problem solving across the globe.
- Strong sense of responsibility and sprit of teamwork.
- Hands-on experience in prototype design, bring-up and debugging, functional verification.
- Experience designing high volume products from beginning to end and dealing with contract manufacturers.
- Experience in low power embedded systems, from 8-bit and 16-bit micro-controllers to multi-core ARM based SoC’s, is deeply useful. Every µA is sacred.
- Experience with lab equipment including oscilloscopes, DMM’s, VNA’s, thermal test equipment, etc.
- Experience in the following areas is especially desirable:
- DC-DC / AC-DC / battery power design, audio system design, Bluetooth & WiFi radio integration and video electronics design
- Experience in circuit level or FEA simulation tools, and scripting skills to automate lab testing equipment are strongly preferred
- You will develop understanding for an Apple-designed product through architecture block diagrams, schematics and datasheets, as well as interactions with the global design team - You will be responsible for circuit or system design, including architecture, derivation / simulation analysis, component selection, schematic capture, PCB placement, design, fabrication, and validation - Lead and interact with our contract manufacturers’ EE teams, driving them to a high level of quality - Drive validations, critical DOEs, and deep failure analysis process in the factory - Firmware and programming / scripting skills are a big benefit here.
Education & Experience
- BS/MS/PhD in EE or equivalent