System Test Design Lead
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Apple’s System Test Design Lead (TDL) is a terrific position for someone passionate about and willing to lead exciting projects. Our organization plays a key role in keeping up the product standards at Apple and making sure that our customers are surprised and delighted with the experience of the products that they use. Employees of this organization enjoy having a chance to lead the design of a complete and custom system that is instrumental to the quality of those products. We are looking for a natural leader who can drive the development of our instrumentation in parallel to that of the product; someone who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will have a deep understanding of software and hardware fundamentals and a background in the design of complex systems. You will apply your excellent communication skills and passion to lead multi-functional teams to develop ground-breaking products. Your contributions will make a pronounced difference to future products that we take great pride in. Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming outstanding products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- 5+ years of experience as a design or design validation engineer in one of the following technologies
- PCB (e.g SoC, Memory), Power or Battery
- Display, acoustic, opto-electronics, touch, sensors or camera; Automation control
- Excellent understanding of HW/SW architecture and interoperability of a complex systems. Fundamental EE knowledge is a requirement
- Experience leading technical project. Experience with technologies and tests involved in mobile devices is a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of data analysis and statistics
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal skills including effective presentation
- Dynamic and “can do” attitude lead product manager with the dream to work with a great team and product
Responsible for leading all the ongoing factory tests being conducted in the Mobile Group, for new product introduction from prototype to mass production. This includes: Working closely with the development teams, early in the product development lifecycle, to define product tests for functionalities and performance. Specifying calibration station, test stations and diagnostics for calibrating and measuring product features. Responsible for the development of test procedures, test plans and test reports. Developing/executing project plans. Specifying/implementing test process control and data collection, detailing all the ongoing tests. We expect you to be the main contact concerning tests and processes with our Contract Manufacturers. Interact with internal groups at Apple to ensure that tests are being performed adequately and on time. Responsible for communicating to management and technical staff the outcome of all of the tests for the different products and corrective actions. This position requires ability to deal with dynamic and fast-paced environment requiring decision-making with ambiguous information.
Education & Experience
BS or MS EE/ME/Physical Sciences
- Up to 50% international travel for the first year