Manufacturing Process Engineer - Display
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Ability to communicate effectively in an international environment;
- New product introduction and Manufacturing Operations experience desired;
- Solid working knowledge of DFm (DFx);
- Proven track record of cost reduction, project management and engineering design required;
- Required to understand and create tolerance stack ups for assemblies and part level;
- A strong plus would be knowledge of optics principles as they relate to CCD cameras, 2D and 1D lasers, and their use for positioning and critical alignment fixtures;
- Strong knowledge of GD&T principles a plus;
- Basic understanding of adhesives, PSA’s and VHB’s a plus;
- Working knowledge of pneumatics, servomotors, PLC and and PC-based control systems a plus;
- NX2, NX4 or ProE CAD experiences a plus;
- JMP, Minitab & Six Sigma experience a plus;
- Fluent in written and spoken Mandarin and English.
• Responsible for manufacturing research and development to solve complex problems that have direct impact to final product cost, quality and delivery of Apple products. Under broad goals and objectives, exercises judgment within general defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions to complex problems; • Sets standard practices and independently determines impact to design approaches and parameters to the final product; • Develop new and or improved processes through the application of theoretical and practical engineering; • Applies extensive expertise in all facets of mechanical product design; • Provides direction, guidance and resources to other engineering groups and project leaders as well as factory technicians. Act as lead engineer on a variety of projects and participates in the project planning of major sub-projects; • Keeps abreast of all relevant technical trends and developments and incorporates them in appropriate assignments; • Performs assignments in several of the following manufacturing engineering functions: o Design for Manufacturability - Provide early and on going manufacturing involvement to ensure new products are mechanically manufacturable; o Failure/Data Analysis - Plans, develops and implements technically complex procedures for the testing and evaluation of soon to be released products. Specifies test to be performed, compiles data and makes recommendations for product design changes and final assembly standards. This will include the use of Design of Experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis using Six Sigma principles.
Education & Experience
BSME or equivalent (MSME, MSIE desired), with 5 plus years in an engineering role with experience in product design as well as design for manufacturability or manufacturing engineering.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.