Corporate Communications Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Greater China Public Relations Manager is responsible for developing and implementing work plan to support government affairs, risk management, and supplier responsibility. The Shanghai-based role is part of the Apple Greater China PR team and supports PR campaigns when needed.
- 10+ years of significant experience working in a multinational group in China combined with an experience in government relations/public affairs/trade associations.
- An undergraduate degree is required. An advanced degree such as a JD, MBA or MPP would be desirable.
- Must be fluent in both Mandarin and English both verbal and written
- Sound communication, presentation and influencing skills in order to understand the various business interests and present company positions to government.
- Reputation for being energetic, bright, hard working, enthusiastic; willing to offer opinions and judgments.
- Proactive, autonomous but internal and external networker.
- Strong people skills and a reputation for being a team player. A keen sense of protocol. Ability to work comfortably and effectively with mid to top-level government officials.
- Ability to work in an action oriented, decision-making environment and be decisive.
The individual must be capable of formulating and implementing a successful local government relations program for the company, especially in the provinces where the company has strong presence. The individual will be expected to work effectively with the executives of the company. Provide professional advices to executives on local government initiatives/projects and related regulatory/public policy issues of interest and concern. Work with internal and external partners to conceive and drive content plan and obtain all necessary approvals.