NPI Operation Program Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple we don’t just create products — we create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The In Region New Product Operations Manager leads all aspects of new product development and product launch within Operations in Asia and is directly accountable for the results. Responsibilities include achieving goals for time to market, cost, quality, product availability and order cycle time. You will work with cross-functional teams and be the interface between Operations, Product Design and Engineering both in region and Cupertino and act as on-site lead to address issues on the ground for closure with consensus amongst project teams, or call out as necessary to Executives in timely manner when help is needed. You will regularly interact with Executives and peers within Apple as well as leaders in contract manufacturer management team. Frequent interaction will involve special skills, such as negotiation, leading and influencing OEM manufacturing partners’ behavior.
- - Experience with high volume, consumer electronic manufacturing technologies (preferred) in the areas of design, process, commodity cost, factory cost, supply and quality management.
- - Experience in leading capital equipment through its entire asset lifecycle.
- - Track record of achieving significant results on complex projects in an often ambiguous and always fast changing environment.
- - Proven leadership in driving solutions to challenges.
- - Incredible drive, motivation, and energy to complete any challenge given.
- - Strong analytical capabilities coupled with good business savvy.
- - Strong communication skills (in both Mandarin Chinese & English) - verbal, written and executive presentations.
- - Proficiency in using Keynote, Numbers, Microsoft Project or Excel is a plus.
- - Exceptional ability to build relationships, build cross-functional teams and exert effective influence in a matrix organization to resolve conflict and drive consensus.
- - Ability to think strategically, while driving tactical program execution.
- - Attention to detail without becoming lost in the details.
- - Operate in an ambiguous environment, taking charge in the absence of leadership.
- Lead the operational side of development builds during new product introductions for any assigned products. Drive day-to-day activities to meet overall program objectives. - Lead Apple team's new product introduction efforts during ramp within the Operations sphere. Specific goals include team leadership in driving issue resolution, supply chain design, schedule, cost, quality, availability and order cycle time goals. - Engage with OEM manufacturing partners to develop, ramp, and introduce products. Develop rapport with partners and detailed knowledge of "how the factory works," its capabilities and limitations. - Lead matrix team members from across all functions in Asia within Operations to develop new product plans. Typical functions include WW Planning, Global Supply Managers, Technical Program Manager, Quality, Supplier Quality Engineer, Test Engineer, Design For Manufacturing. - Represent operations with the product design teams. Use production expertise to influence and negotiate for DFX, supply chain, testability and product features. - Identify, marshal and organize resources (Apple Staff, OEM Staff, Contractors, etc) to meet required goals. - Communicate project status updates to various project stakeholders, including team members and executives within Apple and OEMs. Synthesize a multitude of issues into a clear, concise and focused message. Present with confidence and brevity. - Manage and lead the factory readiness for all NPI builds with OEM manufacturing partners and Apple cross-functional teams. Ensure all the line space, layout, equipments/fixture, facility and human resources requirements in OEM factory to support each NPI build are clearly defined and ready to support each build. Plan and manage the construction budget/cost for Mac Business in OEM factories. - Always push the leading edge of innovation and excellence in Apple products and program management practices. - Support coverage in other products in the region. Travel to another location on other products on an as-needed basis to drive issue resolution and/or support build/ramp activities.
Education & Experience
- BS/BA degree in Mechanical, EE, Wireless Engineering, Industrial Engineering. Master/MBA is preferred - A minimum of 8-10 years ops experience, preferably in a high tech or computer-related industry.