Product Design Engineer - Watch
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
We are looking for a highly-motivated product design engineer to join a new product design team at Apple. Do you love utilizing your creativity, spatial reasoning & attention to detail to collaboratively solve design challenges? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Come join our cohesive and diverse family of Product Design Engineers to do the most impactful work of your life.
- - 3+ years experience in product design (preferably consumer electronic products i.e. Handheld/portable device)
- - Experience with component modules (LCD, batteries, camera modules, etc.) and interconnects (FPC design and ACF bonding).
- - Strong analytical problem solving skills and ability to use statistical tools and techniques.
- - Deep understanding of material knowledge
- - Strong work ethic with a high degree of flexibility;
- - Proven ability in plastic and metal part design.
- - Working knowledge of finite element analysis theory
- - Experience working with overseas manufacturers.
- - Flexibility and comfort working in a quickly changing environment.
- - Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing.
- - Effective written and spoken communication skills in English
- - Self-motivated and willing to take challenges to new technology
- - Integration of wireless antenna (GSM, GPS, Wifi) into mechanical enclosures a big plus *
- - Integration of electrical subsystems (display, microphone, speaker, receiver, camera)
- - Unigraphics NX or Pro-engineer fluency desirable.
- - Working with Labs and knowing the equipments to resolve issues.
- - This position will require travel (40%+/ Year)
As a member of design team at Apple, you will help to build the next generation of the world's most innovative mobile devices. You will conceive, design, and bring into production products that will re-define the mobile experience. We’re seeking someone with strong mechanical design skills, an ability to lead projects, and excellent communication skills both with vendors in Asia and designers inside Apple. You will be responsible for driving failure analysis, building prototypes, studying analytical models, and organizing DOEs as we study new designs. As designs mature, you will work on-site at contract manufacturers within China to implement and assemble the team’s designs.
Education & Experience
BS in mechanical engineering related fields (MS preferred)