Surface Finishing Intern
上海, 上海, 中国内地
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple is seeking highly qualified people for the position of surface finishing, especially anodizing technology. As part of Manufacturing Design team, you will work on crafting new highly cosmetic/functional finishings, and with Apple’s Industrial Design and Product Design teams to develop new colors and textures on our best products. Location: Shanghai/Shenzhen/Suzhou
- We are looking for talents:
- With solid knowledge of chemistry or materials, especially surface treatment like anodizing.
- Basic understanding of color theory and color/gloss/texture measurement techniques.
- Can develop anodizing process and equipment to meet both cosmetic and functional reliability requirements
- With experience in utilizing combined mechanical finishing and anodizing process to meet ID desired texture and color targets
- Can plan, execute, and present results from investigations using statistical analysis and clearly communicated results and recommendations
- Can drive root cause/corrective action activities and define clear process controls and documentation for a robust process
- With proficient English skills
- Can take domestic travels
- Passionate about building extraordinary products
- Expected to perform well in a fast-paced environment, to execute on the tasks assigned, to meet the production objectives and, at the same time, to explore independently new innovative ideas that can improve and transform the product experience of Apple customers
You will research and develop innovative surface technology of materials for challenging problems that will affect future Apple products. You will collaborate with broader teams across Apple to transfer surface finishing solutions. You are self-motivated, excellent problem solver, a go-getter. You are quick to establish relationships and work well with change and ambiguity.
Currently pursuing a PhD, Master’s degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, materials science or related areas.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.