Manufacture Design Engineer Intern
Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, you will help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Good written and oral communication skills, fluent in English.
- College degree in Mechanical /Laser/Optical Engineering and/or relevant manufacturing work experience.
- Good knowledge on laser sources cross fiber/SSL(non-fiber)/CO2, CW/pulse, UV/Green/IR and ns/ps lasers etc.
- Hands-on experience and technical knowledge in laser application such as laser welding, marking, texturing, ablating, surface treatment and cutting.
- Experience with laser equipment which includes but not limit to laser generator, laser head, and quality tracking system, fixture design and qualification.
- Familiarity with failure analysis techniques such as SEM, EDX, FTIR, etc. is a plus
- Other process knowledge such as surface finishing, ass’y and experiences in developing customized machine (non-standard machine) in 3C industry are preferred.
- Factory lean experience is preferred.
- Ability to learn, implement and use Statistical Process Control to make data driven decisions.
- On-site build support; must be willing to work from OEM factories.
- A team player who is self-motivated, results oriented and detailed oriented.
- Very Familiar with GD&T, DOE, SPC.
-Implementation & optimization of manufacturing processes for mechanical enclosure subassemblies for our legendary products. -You will utilize your Mechanical Engineering experience and work cross functionally with Product Design Engineering and Industrial Design to assess product features for manufacturability, and recommend capable production processes and equipment. -Design best-in-class process based on cosmetic and drawing requirement, mapping out and document process flow and details which includes selecting processing equipments, designing corresponding fixtures/tools/consumables, initiating DOEs to find out the best machine setups, machining path and parameters, and finalizing the process solution from prototype stage to mass production stage. -Figure out how to retrofit equipment or develop brand new equipment from RFQ to machine validation, finally qualify machine and implementation to fulfill process requirement. -Working with suppliers to define and refine mechanical tooling and fixtures, establish process capability and readiness. -Define part tolerance and specifications by demonstrating process capability to Product Designers and Industrial Designers -Focus on diverse laser applications such as laser cutting/marking/texturing/ablating and especially laser welding on similar and dissimilar material. -Down-select appropriate laser sources by considering material, geometry, design, reliability and productivity which must be suitable for mass production. -Utilize laser expertise to develop the consolidated laser recipe and optimize continuously through systemically methodology(Design, perform DOE, data analysis and define the parameters with solid data support). -Lead and assist in all quality and process related laser topics and execute root cause analysis when failure are identified and take corrective actions. -Develop well-matched CCD imaging algorithm with laser processing for alignment and Poka-Yoke. Identify, research, develop, and qualify premier equipment manufacturers and suppliers -Coordination of activities and direction through clear communication between the Asia and US-based teams, and vendors is a necessity. -Work closely with Cupertino-based Manufacture Design Engineers in the development of above said processes. -Work with Global Supply Managers to assess facility, floor layout, provide engineering support to secure deliver material to downstream CM vendor on time and on cost. -Work with Manufacture Quality Engineers to drive yield improvement through SPC, Pareto data review to take activities accordingly.