Global Commodity Manager
上海, 上海, 中国内地
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspire the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Part of Apple's core business is the creation and development of our extraordinary mechanical / industrial designs and as such, the management of the supply chains is required to be equally unique, innovative and specialized. We are looking for a dynamic, passionate, motivated applicant for the position of GCM/Material Readiness.
- Program Management: the ability to manage all of the above tasks and personnel resources
- Knowledge of any of the following: LCD, OLED, Glass, Mechanical subassemblies, enclosures, casings, plastics, grinding, stamping, CNC, mills, lathes, etc.
- Solid communication skills in both Mandarin and English. Ability to work in multinational environments, driven and motivated by accomplishing world-class objectives. Extraordinary cross-functional team engagement skills and experience
- Operations/supply chain management experience is preferred
- Understand costing concepts, cost reduction, modeling, etc.
- Ability to travel Internationally.
- High level of multi-task driven skill
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of flexibility
- Self-starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details
AppleCare Enclosure team is responsible for managing cost and continuity of supply for all enclosure parts, soft goods, repair fixture and equipment for all Apple products from NPI to end of service. Enclosure is a unique commodity in Apple due to the ID and custom nature of the parts. We have very strict requirements. Individuals in this role need to support the following: - Supply chain management: you will be responsible for supply chain strategy to support AppleCare demand. Identification and mitigation of potential risks to supply chain to ensure continuity of supply of service commodities, i.e material EOL, capacity constraints, new custom regulations, holidays shut down. - Cost: you will develop, negotiate and execute of AppleCare unique part and fixture cost strategy. You will need to have an understanding of mechanical manufacturing techniques is important to better evaluate supplier capabilities and opportunities for Apple. - Cross-functional support: you will work with AppleCare internal and external team including Product development, SQE, operation team, planning team, business ops team, RC team ,etc. -Operation : you will play a material management role in some of the commodity. Need to manage supplier to provide reliable report including but not limited to CTB, production plan, capacity plan, labor plan. Track critical metrics for each vendor and work with vendors on improvement plans .
BSME or BSIE equivalent preferred. MBA a plus.