Manufacturing Design Engineer (Assy)
Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Operations and Supply Chain
job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts.
- Good written and oral communication skills, fluent in English.
- 5+ years relevant manufacturing working experience, esp. in 3C industry.
- Experiences in developing customized machine (non-standard machine), 3C industry is preferred.
- Experiences in glue and PSA related assembly implementation and fixture design.
- Demonstrated ability to be responsible for a complete functional area of an application.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Deep understanding of QA methodologies.
- Good experience of on-site build support and work from OEM factories.
- A team player who is self-motivated, results oriented and detailed oriented.
- Ability and willingness to work independently and travel frequently (mainly in Asia).
- Nice to have: experience in machine learning, machine HW&SW Kit development, factory Lean, system databases.
-In this highly visible role, you will manage selection, implementation & optimization of assembly manufacturing processes for mechanical enclosure subassemblies for our legendary products. -Design best-in-class assembly process based on product drawing and cosmetic spec, mapping out proper process flow and ERS which includes selecting processing equipments, designing corresponding fixtures, initiating DOEs to find out the best Assy parameter. -Develop single automation or integrated automation line with new technologies implemented to ensure high levels of product assembly quality, which is used to fulfill the entire manufacturing process of our different types of enclosure parts and subassemblies on Phone project, including but not limited to: small parts assembly&welding, glue dispensing, film lamination. -Utilize your mechanical engineering experience to provide guidance on equipment design of machine layout, parts flow, assembly and movement mechanism, fixture design, accuracy control, standard components selection, robot & CCD implementation, SW flowchart, system integration, etc. -Be deeply involved in the entire equipment development cycle, including: initial automation proposal, machine selection, prototype machine testing & evaluation, leading DOEs to validate machine stability as well as process capability. Would be also working on existing machine continuous improvement, cycle time reduction, OEE improvement, modification or retrofit. -Provide leadership at manufacturing sites during development and product production ramp. -Coordination of activities and direction through clear communication between the Asia and US-based teams, and vendors is a necessity. -Work cross functionally with Product Design Engineering to assess product features for manufacturability, and recommend capable production processes and equipment. -Work closely with Cupertino-based SBEs in the development of above said processes. Work with Global Supply Managers to develop new equipment from RFQ through factory implementation, and manufacture and deliver material to downstream supply chain nodes on time and on cost. -Work with MQE to drive yield improvement through SPC, Pareto data review to take activities accordingly.
Education & Experience
College degree in Mechanical /Laser/Optical Engineering and/or relevant manufacturing work experience.