iPhone Electrical Engineer Intern
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
We are searching for self-driven, passionate electrical engineer intern to provide design, test, validation, failure analysis and manufacturing support to our iPhone product. Our products are on the groundbreaking in every way: usability, integration, connectivity, power consumption, fabrication, reliability, manufacturing scale, and the design. The candidate will play a meaningful role in the development of Apple products, collaborating with cross functional design team in the process, including: - Product Design /Mechanical Engineering - HW design, prototype bring-up and electrical validation - Each module team - Firmware, iOS - Reliability, Operations, etc. Additionally, the candidate will work closely with Contract Manufacturer’s EE team, and take a lead role in driving those teams to achieve our validation and manufacturing goals with a very high bar of quality. The people here at Apple don’t just build products – they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- - Great EE fundamentals, which means you have a deep understanding of why our discipline works the way it does (analog/digital design, signal/power integrity, etc. - Excellent communication skills in both English and Chinese.
- - Experience (either during postgraduate stage or internship) in low power embedded systems, from 8-bit and 16-bit micro-controllers to multi-core ARM based SoC’s, is deeply beneficial.
- - Experience with lab equipment including DMM’s, oscilloscopes, power supplies and electric loads, TDRs, Spectrum analyzers is also a plus
- - Software (python, lua) and scripting experience a plus.
- - Curious mind and both intuitive and rigorous problem solving skills.
- - Fast learner and eager to learn
- Participate in design and development of next generation iPhone from concept to mass production. - Be the technical owner at Contract Manufacturer’s site to support various engineering builds ranging from Proto, EVT to PVT. Represent the EE team in a cross-functional team environment. - Be able to identify EE related issues in the field. Drive resolution of cross-functional issues including those related to architecture (performance, power consumption, thermal behavior), production (quality, failure analysis, manufacturing), and development (schematic design, PCB layout, and overall system integration).
Education & Experience
- MSEE from 1 of the majors below: Electric engineering, Electronic Science and Technology, Information and Communication Engineering, Control Science and engineering, Computer science and Technology.