OTARF Systems Engineer
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the outstanding and great opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and encourage millions of Apple’s customers every day. Apple OTA System Engineering team is looking for a wireless system engineer to support factory efforts of radiated system characterization across different connectivity (WLAN/ BT / GPS/UWB) technologies for Apple’s wireless products
- You have working experience with antenna design/tests, antenna and wave propagation, anechoic chambers and radiation performance evaluation like TRP & TIS.
- Working experience with different lab equipment: network analyzers, signal generators, signal analyzers, call boxes (i.e. CMW), channel emulators.
- Deep understanding of at least one wireless technology including 802.11, Bluetooth, UWB, GNSS or 802.11ad
- Understanding of PHY Layer and MAC/application layer for WLAN/BT
- Proficiency at Matlab simulations, programming / scripting skills is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, both written & verbal.
You will build and execute detailed test plans for antenna performance evaluation, provide feedback to the design engineers for performance optimization, build test reports, and lead the radiated tests for type approval and certification. Also, you will build test plans to qualify and quantify different modulation schemes as required depending on the wireless communication system being crafted. You will be studying new system level features and working closely with HW and antenna engineers to come up with comprehensive test strategies to evaluate them. You will also be making recommendations to multi-functional teams on resolving wireless system issues including but not limiting to baseband algorithms and RF/Antenna systems You will support factory efforts across multiple wireless platforms to ensure accurate design and assembly validation for Over the Air performance.