R2R Revenue and GL Manager
上海, 上海, 中国内地
Apple’s Global Business Solutions (GBS) team partners with Apple’s business across Greater China, including Retail, Sales, Operations, R&D and Services. In addition to supporting transactional and financial reporting processes, GBS’ access to data across customers and functions provides a strategic platform to uncover trends and patterns to enhance financial controls and compliance, operational efficiency and business insights and performance. We look for individuals with not only solid technical skills but also the right balance of operational excellence, problem solving and strategic thinking to support the growth of Apple in Greater China. We are now seeking a high-caliber Record to Report Manager to join our Shanghai-based team to play a pivotal role in building a world class Global Business Solutions center, be focused in developing a compliance governance framework to support Apple businesses in Great China. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- More than 10 years of related commercial working experiences, and with experience in coaching, building and leading high-performance team.
- Strong technical skills and previous experience in US GAAP and Local GAAP accounting and reporting, which especially focusing on Revenue and General Ledger Accounting. Experience in local tax filings.
- Ability to attracts, retains and develops talent, ensures talent development plans are delivered upon to secure the talent pipeline and succession plans.
- Problem solver who can critically analyze complex information and extract insights to drive business decisions and solutions.
- Strong communicator who can build strong cross-functional partnerships and drive collaboration to influence appropriate outcomes.
- Mature, responsible and ambitious professional who can cut through ambiguity and provide insightful advice for dynamic audiences.
- Big Four experience will be a plus
The Revenue and General Ledger (GL) Accounting Manager is a leadership position that reports to the Senior Accounting Manager in the Record-to-Report (R2R) team. You will manage accounting activities related to revenue accounting and GL periodic close to ensure compliance with Apple Finance Policies, US and local GAAP. You will support SOX testing activities and ensure the maintenance of smart and strong internal controls. This role also works with finance business partners to support projects in the Revenue and GL area to support business expansion and/or process automaton. This position is tasked with developing strong business relationships with other finance teams and leading a team responsible for ensuring strong accounting and compliance with all applicable policies and controls. The candidate will navigate the broader organization and collaborate closely with various functions within the region, as well as with the global R2R organization. US GAAP, Statutory, Tax, SOX and Internal Control Maintain accuracy, completeness and integrity related to Revenue and GL accounts and possess knowledge of general principles relating to regulatory compliance. Work with Finance Operation team to support period-end closing activities in Revenue, GL and Tax areas. Oversees accounting activities in assigned areas to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting compliant with both US and local GAAP requirements. Engage with various stakeholders and ensure GAAP compliance risks and tax compliance risks are fully discussed and understood, if any. Provides oversight to drive a strong control environment to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. Ensures compliance with Apple Finance Policies (AFPs) and SOX controls. Provides support for internal or external audits as needed. Reviews processes, identifies and asses opportunities for standardization and efficiency gains to improve operations in the R2R track. Leadership / People Management Attracts, retains and develops talent. Ensures talent development plans are delivered to secure the talent pipeline and succession plans. Ensures proper documentation of procedures and controls is in place and cross-training of personnel is executed to maintain backup plans. Partner with cross-functional teams to develop a GBS analytics and insight strategy that supports regional and worldwide decision-making. Contributes towards long-term organizational planning and strategy. Develop and execute strategic and operational initiatives to support Apple’s growth. Be able to break down business decisions into a detailed action plan and follow-through to deliver results. Innovations and Drive New Business Models You will drive process improvements through innovation and challenge status quo with support from senior management team and project teams to build the best-in-class processes. You will lead the team to provide and implement solutions that balance efficiency, control and execution goals to achieve the best outcome for Apple. Consults with business partners to make recommendations for processes to support business growth and new businesses in the region. Provides business requirements for system automation projects that provide efficiency gains while maintaining compliance with relevant policies and procedures.
Degree in accounting, finance or business administration. Full accounting or finance qualification (CPA, CA, ACCA, CICPA, CMA) and knowledge of US GAAP, PRC GAAP and IFRS. A minimum of 10 years of financial accounting experience; in which, at least 5 years in senior and/or manager position in an MNC environment. Combination of public accounting and industry experience preferred. Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills in both English and Chinese
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.