APO Logistics Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Company overview Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and we reinvented it in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Today, we continue to own the industry in innovation with its award-winning computers, OS X operating system and iLife and professional applications. Apple is also spearheading the digital media revolution with its iPod portable music and video players and iTunes online store and has entered the mobile phone market with its revolutionary iPhone. Make a difference. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Job Overview The APO Logistics Manager role is part of the Worldwide APO Logistics Team and will be based in China Shanghai. This challenging position requires outstanding flexibility and adaptability in liaising with a variety of internal & external customers in addition to the ability to provide strategic responses to external influences including China Customs and governmental statutory requirements (CIQ, CCC, CSTCG/MSDS/DG), China Golden Week Holiday work scheduling, OEM to OEM material transfer, etc. These are just a few of the key attributes needed for success in this dynamic and changing environment. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, motivated with Logistics and supply chain skills/background. He/She must also be an excellent communicator in both English and Mandarin, be able to work on his/her own initiative, and ideally have experience working within a freight transportation environment.
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years in Logistics proven experience in international air / ocean freight and domestic transportation. Preference with a good working knowledge on a variety of freight management i.e experiences in bulk / parcel freight & domestic transportation.
- Excellent communication and with good interpersonal skills.
- Creative problem-solving and analytical skills plus a good networking within the freight industry.
- Energetic, positive attitude, ability to manage change and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Great teammate with a keen-to-learn attitude, proactive and have a strong initiative and leadership.
- Capable of working individually or as part of a multifunctional team including peers and/or senior managers.
- Close attention to detail and the ability to act swiftly and independently.
- Good leadership versatility and a strong talent builder and great teammate.
- Awareness of local regulatory requirement related to import and export.
• Develop project plan / execution plan for NPI launches • Drive service providers for operational excellence around timely execution, critical metric management, status reporting, loss and damage, uplift performance etc. • Work with service providers/ OEMs on cost savings initiatives, capacity management for air/ocean, process and systems improvements. • Monitor the overall effectiveness of the Carrier’s service and implement recommendations for improvement, where needed. • Manage and facilitate periodic warehouse security / OEM back-dock process audit in the drive for continual improvements. • Understand impact of local regulatory change on import and export requirements and ensure all certifications, as required by local government, are in place to ensure freight moves smoothly through the terminal. • Robust OEM critical metric management in ensuring compliance with Apple’s TDM & specific SOP. • Conduct weekly / bi-monthly tripartite meetings with Carriers/OEMs to seek for continual improvements. • Develop and optimize logistics network to improve the transportation structure to achieve the shortest delivery cycle-time time for raw material movements. • Works closely with OEM and Carriers On Time Delivery, Loss, Global Track & Trace. • Collaborate with the Worldwide / Regional Logistics team and ensure they are kept updated on any issues, developments within China. • Able to travel internationally / domestically to support regional logistics requirements. • Ensuring compliance with the specific Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) and keeping it updated through coordination with relevant internal customer.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree with a minimum of 5 - 7 years of Logistics industry experience or an MBA with 3-5 years equivalent work experience will be considered.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.