Technical Project Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
The Manufacturing Design team enables the mass production of Apple's entire product line from iPhones, iPads and MacBooks to the Mac Pro, AppleTV and Apple Watch. Part of the magic that makes all of this possible is a robust set of applications and systems designed and developed by Apple that support the production of a product from prototype to announcement and beyond. This role is responsible for the implementation of software system and solution for use within the Enclosure level manufacturing process and the broader Apple Manufacturing Design organization in order to support the business operational needs and promote greater efficiency, simplicity, cost savings, quality, standardization and scalability.
- Bachelors Eng./Comp Science or minimum 5 years experience in industry software consulting or implementation.
- Minimum 3 years experience in manufacturing system (MES/SFC/ERP) implementation functions.
- Minimum 3 years experience working closely with quality or supply chain functions.
- Software skills in business analysis, software design, methodology, and architecture
- Data analysis skills in data extracting, cleaning and mining.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout China up to 50% of the time.
1. Lead and work with ODM to establish Apple Manufacturing Traceability solution. 2. Communicate with cross-functional teams including quality, engineering, supply chain and software to align the requirements and system design. 3. Work with other teams and design professional IT solutions to solve operations problems. 4. Understand the production processes and operations pain points down to the details. 5. Simplify the complex problem and deliver clear information. 6. Negotiate with suppliers on the project scope, schedule and deliverables, estimate the technical efforts and identify the risks before the implementation. 7. Build and maintain the relationships with the key users and stakeholders.
Education & Experience
- BS or MS in Engineering or equivalent
- SQL and Python data analysis skills
- Network topology and Linux server experience
- PMP/6 Sigma certification preferred
- MBA preferred